notaire's fees for remortgage

Loire

Hi

I am trying to raise a mortgage on my French home, my main residence, to clear some of my uk mortgage against my uk property. There is currently no mortgage on my French home. The French bank who are considering my mortgage have told me that I must use a notaire, mainly to register the charge, I believe, and to send the funds to my current uk mortgage provider. The loan would be for 50,000 euros. Does anyone know what a notaire is likely to charge for the service, and what other disbursements there would be, such as registering the charge? I've looked on the Notaire's website, but it is not specific enough, and I don't want to call a notaire's office at this stage as it became complex the last time I did just to ask if the notaire spoke English.

Any rough idea much appreciated.

Kind regards

Loire

About €977.

Robbery, isn't it?

I assume this includes some sort of capital transfer tax, so the amount probably depends on the amount of the loan.

Our loan was rather less than you require, but I think we may have paid the minimum, as "around €1000" is what I was told is the minimum fee for property transfers.

Perhaps easier to pop "frais  notaire hypothèque" into google rather than beat about the bush.[I]

Les frais d'hypothèque :

Les frais d'hypothèque sont équivalents à 2 % du montant du prêt. C'est une prise de garantie d'hypothèque. Dans ce cas, il faudra aussi rémunérer le conservateur des hypothèques à hauteur de 0,10 % du montant du bien.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Perhaps easier to pop "frais  notaire hypothèque" into google rather than beat about the bush.[I]

Les frais d'hypothèque :

Les frais d'hypothèque sont équivalents à 2 % du montant du prêt. C'est une prise de garantie d'hypothèque. Dans ce cas, il faudra aussi rémunérer le conservateur des hypothèques à hauteur de 0,10 % du montant du bien.

[/quote]

That doesn't jive with what I was charged 6 months ago. Before going ahead I checked with my usual notaire, who told me around €960. The bank used a different notaire, who charged, as I said, €977.

Maybe the percentages quoted above are subject to a minimum charge, as I said previously.

I suggest you go and ask your Notaire. I'd be interested to know what he/she tells you.... 

[quote user="nomoss"][quote user="pachapapa"]

Les frais d'hypothèque :

[/quote]

That doesn't jive with what I was charged 6 months ago. Before going ahead I checked with my usual notaire, who told me around €960. The bank used a different notaire, who charged, as I said, €977.

Maybe the percentages quoted above are subject to a minimum charge, as I said previously.

I suggest you go and ask your Notaire. I'd be interested to know what he/she tells you.... 

[/quote]

Have fun with your calculatrice.

http://www.google.fr/search?q=frais+notaire+hypoth%C3%A8que&rls=com.microsoft:fr:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7MEDA&redir_esc=&ei=FanmTZeQEtLE8QOFnJ3eCg#q=frais+notaire+hypoth%C3%A8que&hl=fr&rls=com.microsoft:fr:IE-Address&rlz=1I7MEDA&prmd=ivns&ei=xarmTeiaEYSp8AOU2vnqCg&start=90&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e05c3a5e2288b716&biw=1003&bih=453

Thank you all very much for your help. It is no longer needed because, for the second time, the French bank has let me down. I had foolishly thought that they were attempting to right the wrong they did me previously. You live and learn! At least I now have all the info should I proceed via a different bank.

Regards

Loire