URGENT! Good home needed for 2 spaniels.

Hoping someone can help. "We are two english springer spaniels (Chocci & Creme - one male & one female) whose english owners have unexpectedly had to return to england, but we cannot go with them. We are both ten years old and are chipped and rabies vaccinated. Unfortunately our owners have already returned to England and we are staying with a friend, but we desperately need a home. "

These two dogs belonged to some english people who lived locally to us and as above have had to return to england. We have been told by the friend who is looking after them at the moment that they will be put down shortly if he doesn't find a new home. Unfortunately we already have two cats and two dogs and just haven't the space, but we just can't let them be put down, hence this post.  Please can anyone help. We are in dept 17 near St Jean D'Angely.

Becky & Steve

Becky & Steve

As a dog lover I just can't believe that someone has abandoned their two dogs like that especially as, I presume, they have owned them for 10 years.  How could they do that!  Why, in heavens name, couldn't they take them with them as you say they have all the necessary injections.  I only wish I could help but I have already got an aged Rottweiler and two Lhasa Apsos.  I sincerely hope that someone can come to the rescue.  Why don't you put this on the Postbox as well.  You might find someone prepared to travel.  Please keep us posted.

Sue

Hi Sue

Thanks for your reply. From what I understand, there are complicated circumstances surrounding the owners return to England and the paperwork is not available to be able to arrange passport quick enough. Quarantine in England was considered however cost was quoted at around 4,000 GBP so was not an option. They have been searching for a home for them for some time with no luck and I would imagine having them put down must be last last resort. I don't know the full story so cannot really pass judgement, but my only concern is doing my best to find them a home. Have had a positive email from a lovely lady in Pays de Loire so fingers crossed. Will keep you posted.

Becky

we are taking 3 cats with us when we move it`s costing us a well more than a new roof we are never comming back to the u.k. but have had all the pet pasports the lot done for them just in case it`s the only condition the wife put on the move and the only restraint she has ever put on me so " our girls " has she calls them come first ......10years they are not pet lovers......sorry......

I understand your point guys, we too spent an absolute fortune bringing our dogs and cats over from England, however we still cannot pass judgement without knowing the facts. The main concern here is the dogs, not the owners. It is very easy to be judgemental, but bottom line is no-one has offered these poor dogs a home (me included).

I have just seen this post as this is not normally a forum I look in. Unfortunately, it would be impossible for me to take them on as we already have two dogs (one very large) and downsized to a very small place in the UK in order to buy our house in France.  I would agree with what someone else had mentioned, I would put this in the Post Bag Forum as it would get more exposure, I would also recommend posting on the Total France web site www. totalfrance.com. there are quite a few animal lovers on the site that may be able to help. Please keep us informed and let us know what happens.