My Daughter has moved with her husband to join us in the Charente and is five months pregnant.

She is a little worried about having her baby in a country that at the moment is strange to her, and would like to hear from anybody who has given birth in France.

If you can put her mind at rest I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

John

No experience ourselves!, but have just finished reading "More France Please We're British" by Helena Frith Powell, Sunday Times correspondent, for all sorts of other info and there is a Chapter about birth in France, she moved to France when she was 7 months pregnant,
First thing is to get an E112 in the UK, and then in France fill in a "Declaration de Grossesse"

try http://www.signaturebooks.co.uk/cgi-bin/ai.cgi?ISBN=1903933684

No connection to any of the above, just hope it helps
John & Sue

You might want to post your question in The Post Bag as it might get more viewing.

Best of luck to you all.  I'm sure it will turn out to be a positive experience.  I had our daughter in Athens, Greece (11 years ago) and have extremely good memories to share from it.

You might want to post your question in The Post Bag as it might get more viewing.

Good thinking Lori but perhaps the Health forum would be an even better place to post. I am sure there are quite a few who post on here, who have recently given birth in France.

Gill