Where to sell English furniture?

Does anyone know where, in this region, one can sell quality English furniture? After many years of (happy) marriage, we have acquired more furniture than we need, but find that English furniture is often not to the French taste, and it would be too costly to ship back to England speculatively.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know where you live, but Trocante is a good place.  Go on www.trocante.fr and it will show you whether your department has got a branch (we have bought lots of good stuff through them - they have both antiques and completely modern stuff.  I haven't tried selling through them, but have seen plenty of people do so).

Trocs and Depot Ventes are great for buyers and also folks who need a house clearance done after a death etc. But, remember the seller often has to pay up to 50% commission so I wouldn't go there unless I was fairly desperate or didn't care if I didn't get much for the item.

I'd try listing them on free websites first such as AngloInfo and TF. I'd also put small ads in the local shop (with photos) and maybe try ebay.

Good luck M.