Chef Boutonne gone mad

It's 3am on Sunday morning.  I cannot sleep for the noise coming from Chef Boutonne. That dreaded noise that most parents of Teenagers know..Boom boom;;;boom boom boomboomboom. With weird squiggly bits in between. There must be some sort of concert going on. I live three miles away. When it gets inside your head it becomes a slow torture; Awful. terrible noise. If I was making that noise from my house gendarmes would be here. There! end of grumpy woman.

Well if you're an intolerant, grumpy old woman then that makes 2 of us then [;-)]

Its not really the music that I dislike as such, it's other people's lack of consideration when playing music at an unreasonable level and hour.  It festers inside me until I feel I want to inflict physical damage on something or someone [6]

[quote user="mooky"]

I am an intolerant, grumpy old woman. I just can't stand that dull beat all the time. [/quote]

I am a fully paid up member of the grump club. For example my neighbour-at-the-back-of-us went away the w/e her son had a party; I would not have minded at all except that the music went on til 6h30 the following morning; by which time I was ready to dismember him. But did I say a word? No, not I; for they really are very nice - the rest of the time.

Sue [blink]

[quote user="spg"][quote user="mooky"]

I am an intolerant, grumpy old woman. I just can't stand that dull beat all the time. [/quote] But did I say a word? No, not I; for they really are very nice - the rest of the time.

Sue [blink]

[/quote]

You should have said something though. If you don't he'll think it's perfectly acceptable to his neighbours. He clearly wouldn't do it if his parents were around so he does know that he should show consideration to others.

First day of the summer hols and Neil the13 year old who lives behind us decided, when his Mum had popped out, to turn his radio to full blast whilst he kicked his ball around. I stood on my stepup and asked him very politely to turn it down. He actually turned it off and we had no more such incidents for the whole of the hols.

French kids, well certainly the country ones I know, are normally very responsive to a polite request when something is annoying to others.

[quote user="Benjamin"]
You should have said something though. If you don't he'll think it's perfectly acceptable to his neighbours. [/quote]

Well most of them were away - just by chance! - so there was just us; and the music was not deafening just insistent. Somehow it sounds louder at 3am.

[quote user="Benjamin"]

... I stood on my stepup and asked him very politely to turn it down. He actually turned it off and we had no more such incidents for the whole of the hols.
French kids, well certainly the country ones I know, are normally very responsive to a polite request when something is annoying to others.
[/quote]

I agree, but I would either have had to holler very loudly - not my thing at all - or else I would have had to go round there, and I didn't fancy doing that either in the early hours. Once a year isn't too bad.

Sue