Tree Surgeon needed PDQ!! Montmorillon area

We have an old town house in Montmorillon area, la vienne, with a grotto for a garden, which would be lovely, but for the inherited 60 odd foot Spruce tree. Again lovely in itself, however, it is RIGHT NEXT to the house and its roots are lifting up all the stone paving and possibly causing untold damage elsewhere. It needs felling as soon as possible. Please, does anyone know of a professional tree surgeon who is capable of doing this work in a small walled garden. It will need to be cut in sections. An English person who appears to know what they are talking about thinks it will cost thousands of euros. This is very worrying as we just do not have this sort of money. Obviously it will be expensive and we need some devis. I would very appreciate any help, contact names or advice. Thanks.

hi

sorry cant help, save to say that i took mine out from the uk on monday, he charged me £300 for the day, i drove him and his mate and the took down two 50 odd foot poplars, tree climbed and stacked the logs up.

you may need a tree climber to take the tree down in sections

hope that assists

kim

Hi

We used a French tree surgeon to cut down 3 trees, (one of which was close to the house) and do some serious pruning to four other very large trees and it cost under 900e.  It was a professional team who were equipped with harnesses etc and it took less than one afternoon.  They are in the Charente Maritime and I don't know if they will travel to where you are, but I wouldn't hesitate at all in recommending them.  Hope this helps with your 'quotes' and if you want their contact details, just drop me a PM.

Jetlag