Bridge at Ille D'Oleron

We have been invited to visit friends on the Ille D'Oleron this Sunday but one of the possible visitors suffers from acute vertigo (not me the driver).  Will the Bridge present a problem, is it open view or plenty of structure which limits the view. ?   The decision so far is not to go.

I have been before some years ago but cannot recall  and I have looked at a number of photos via the web but have not found any at car level. 

Anybody in a similar circumstance offer a view

Thankyou

Mike

We seriously discussed the blindfold option (and even stuffing him in the boot, he has good humour).   We could tow him by hoisting a rope over the side of the bridge and hauling him across the water on a dinghy or asking him to swim, but ..........

Mike 

• 6 months later...
As someone who also suffers crossing high bridges, I sympathise with your friends situation. I NEVER, EVER drive myself if there is a bridge where I am going, but as a passenger I duck down on the backseat and wait there till the crossing is completed. Yea OK I am a wimp but it is so much better than being scared out of your skin. Have just seen a view of the Millau viaduct and my knees started to wobble just looking at the picture!!![:'(]

I am going to the Vendee for a break in the summer and am already checking out the lay of the land before booking!

Tuppence

Yes, Pacha, I have noticed this about the Dutch:  they all seem to love mountains!

When I was walking on the Digue of Offa (I know the software will not allow me to write dy**), I met many Dutch people walking en famille with even young children carrying their own sleeping bags and they told me they loved "the mountains", not that our poor old Welsh hills qualify as mountains!

This time back in the UK, I had to cross that bridge and I got out my 20p to go across.  But the toll had gone up to 50p.  As I had a queue of cars behind me, I wound down the window and asked a pedestrian for some change.  Instead, he leaned over the machine, put a coin in and paid for me to go across.