I hope to spend a night here in early July but I am having terrible trouble in 1) finding hotel/b & b accommodation and 2) information about the towns or villages.  Therefore I am not sure where to base myself, I would like to visit one side of the island on the first day and the other side the second day. 

Can anybody point me in the direction of where to look for accommodation or recommend anywhere and also if anyone could tell me what areas, etc are good.

Thanks a lot.

[quote user="leo"]

Can anybody point me in the direction of where to look for accommodation or recommend anywhere ... [/quote]

My OH and I have stayed here: Hotel: just for a couple of nights with friends and it was good. Although the Hotel has a swimming pool it is just across the road from a quiet beach. The food and the welcome were excellent; though the photos on their web-site were a tad on the glossy side. To benefit the most from various opinions read the Trip Adviser notes. Sea-view rooms were good, though no lift so carrying your own bag essential!

This site is helpful:

Sue