Anyone done the Cointreau tour in Angers,

[quote user="LEO"]The French don't drink as much Cointreau as the brits!  [/quote]

I'm not surprised if it comes from Angers.  I thought that it would be made somewhere more romantic.  How come they thought of making an orange drink in Angers when Seville (where there are few oranges, I understand) is 1553 kms away ?  [8-)]

Babycham used to be made in Shepton Mallet, by the way.

You might also have a look at the Combier Distillery in Saumur (http://www.guide2paysdelaloire.com/information/235/Combier-Distillery--Saumur--Maine-et-Loire ) - home of the original orange liqueur. Not a long tour and not a big distillery but a fascinating piece of Saumur history. Other different things to have a look at might be the Mushroom Museum at Saumur and Pierre et Lumiere miniature stone carvings of Loire landmarks about 300m from the Mushroom Museum.

[quote user="Kitty"][quote user="LEO"]The French don't drink as much Cointreau as the brits!  [/quote]

I'm not surprised if it comes from Angers.  I thought that it would be made somewhere more romantic. 

[/quote]

Angers not romantic ?!  Tut, tut, Kitty-  I can't agree with you there but then maybe I'm an old soppy....