Multe-pass

Has anyone any experience of buying from Multe-pass?

I need a fridge for my holiday home and I wanted to buy one on the net and have it delivered there before I arrive at the beginning of April.  Otherwise, can anybody recommend a reliable Internet supplier.  D'arty won't deliver.  My place is in the Lot, not too far from Gourdon.

If you are near Gourdon then you can't be too far away from the shop in Briar recently recommended by Di/Iceni in the Owning French Property Forum.

http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=288&MessageID=158163

I certainly intend to visit this shop soon !

Hoddy

We've had no problems with them although we have not bought large household appliances. Our experience has been that all the suppliers from whom we have bought over net by accessing through a shopping gateway have been ok. The only internet with which we have had a below average response was Castorama where an item was out of stock. Have you looked at www.kelkoo.fr?

Jan

[quote]If you are near Gourdon then you can't be too far away from the shop in Briar recently recommended by Di/Iceni in the Owning French Property Forum.http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?Forum...[/quote]

Hi

Just a reminder that if you have to travel a long way to Biars, it might be cheaper taking petrol into consideration to buy locally.

Apart from that, you have to take the stock they have, but again, we have never had any problems. Yes I recommend the shop - it's called Entrepôt. Please post any feedback you have if you go there - it would be interesting to get other views on its stock.

Local shops are OK but few deliver and those that do often charge €15 -20 for doing so.

I needed a new hoover quickly, visitors coming so I used Multi-passe and have no complaints at all.  They are good value, even with their delivery charge  and even with limited French it is easy to use their site to buy, we bought a new dyson hoover from them, paid by CB over the internet, delivered within 72 hours.  Only downside is that they now E mail everyday with their latest offers, but you can delete or unsubscribe.  At the moment they are doing half price delivery charges so may be a good time to give them a try.

[quote]Local shops are OK but few deliver and those that do often charge €15 -20 for doing so. I needed a new hoover quickly, visitors coming so I used Multi-passe and have no complaints at all. They are g...[/quote]

On the contrary, we have found our local suppliers excellent for prompt delivery, and installation, at no extra charge. They also provide good after sales service, something that the big chains often don't.

Maybe it's just another of those regional differences in French culture?

Over the years we have bought a fridge freezer, an oven, a dishwasher, beds ... etc,

On an early trip we shopped for ages looking for beds but fiund the best deal locally , delivered with grace and great after sales service.

On another early trip we needed an oven urgently. Auchan was the cheapest and could deliver in time (for a fee) but my credit card had a hiccup and it was the weekend so I backed off. I then found one locally in Expert that was cheaper/good value. They squeezed in a delivery for me, offered to install/hard wire it in (but my socket wasn't ready). 

I'm a fan of buying locally even when it isn't always the cheapest. People deliver on time, give great after-sales etc.

Good luck.

John