Assurance Vie

Laurier

Hi

I know there has been discussion on this and I have done a search but can't find what I want.

I really want to know where is the best place to go for some unbiased information? How do you decide which one, where do you find out about them? I have spoken to the bank but was not happy really happy with the person's expertise. I spoke to one financial adviser - he was quite helpful but only dealt with cases involving huge sums. However, he said I should negotiate the entry fee, etc. right down when I did find one. I spoke to a well-known financial company - they recommended a Luxembourg based AV as being the best but I don't know if they have an 'interest'. I wonder if they are going to push the ones where they have the best interest plus their entry and management fees seemed high.

I need to have it thoroughly explained to me - if anyone can point me towards someone/something (pm if necessary) where I could get unbiased info, I would be grateful.

Thanks

Laurier

[quote user="Laurier"]

Hi

I know there has been discussion on this and I have done a search but can't find what I want.

I really want to know where is the best place to go for some unbiased information? How do you decide which one, where do you find out about them? I have spoken to the bank but was not happy really happy with the person's expertise. I spoke to one financial adviser - he was quite helpful but only dealt with cases involving huge sums. However, he said I should negotiate the entry fee, etc. right down when I did find one. I spoke to a well-known financial company - they recommended a Luxembourg based AV as being the best but I don't know if they have an 'interest'. I wonder if they are going to push the ones where they have the best interest plus their entry and management fees seemed high.

I need to have it thoroughly explained to me - if anyone can point me towards someone/something (pm if necessary) where I could get unbiased info, I would be grateful.

Thanks

Laurier

[/quote]

Hi,

It's not complicated .   Avoid any bank assurance vies , they are expensive and poor performers.   Don't deal via a "Financial Adviser" , they will push you towards the contracts which pay them the highest commission (or they will take exorbitant fees).  The Luxembourg based plans , sometimes touted because you can take them in £ sterling , are very expensive with layers of commission and management fees; they are  based on a fund run by Paribas which you can access direct without going through an intermediary.  

Your best plan is to study the internet based plans which are the best performers in the market , and have 0% entry fees and low management fees.  You will find them by googling "online assurance vie".  In my experience "fortuneo" , linxea vie" "bourserama" and "mesplacements.com" are all very good providers.

You can PM me , if you like.   I am not an agent.  

Thank you Parsnips. What you mention is exactly what I was concerned about. I will first go into the sites you suggest. I have already tried to do some research on my own. However, I would definitely like to pm you later. Tks again.

Laurier