Working in Sete Nice Monde areas

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Chris,

I dont wish to be a wet blanket, but unless you can speak fluent French and have a A level in education, you would be very fortunate indeed  to get a job stacking shelves in a local super market. There is so much unemployment here, which is  the reason so many Brits take a chance and 'moonlight' and work on 'the black'! The language is all important and if you have start from scratch, I recommend Michel Thomas's Basic French course on CD Rom!

What a load of bull, ther are jobs out there for English people you just have to be willing to send out a lot of CV's and not get alot of responses. I am speaking from experience before anyone comments, this is of course before I start my new job at Airbus in Toulouse (and I am in no way fluent and I do not have an A level education, to answer those 2 points), you just have to be prepared to be patient. You know it really pees me off that no one can ever say anything positive to those who wish to join us here in France, yes be truthful but at least be unbiased. The only point I can agree with is to start to learn French as this will be invaluable, but I suggest that this is just common sense if you intend to come here and contribute.

Sorry if some find this a bit point blank, but as the saying goes you get out what you put in and you will never know unless you try.

Bon chance PS if you want to know anymore aboutmy individual experience PM me.

Alec