WE ARE CONSIDERING RELOCATING FROM ESSEX TO THE AUDE REGION AS WE FEEL THE TIME HAS COME TO LEAVE THE UK. MAYBE ITS A MID-LIFE CRISIS BUT WHAT THE HELL - YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE AND COULD GET RUN OVER BY A BUS TOMORROW! BEEN TALKING ABOUT MOVING TO FRANCE FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS AND EACH TIME WE HAVE TO RETURN HOME TO THE UK AT THE END OF OUR HOLIDAY OR WEEKEND BREAK IT SEEMS TO GET HARDER. ANYWAY, WE'VE NOW DECIDED AND ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME THIS WEEK. WE ALSO HAVE A 13 YEAR OLD WHO IS NOT SO KEEN BUT I HOPE THAT ONE DAY SHE WILL BE HAPPY ABOUT THE MOVE!(IF POSSIBLE FOR A TEENAGER.)I APPRECIATE THAT IT WILL BE A BIG UPHEAVEL FOR HER, LEAVING HER FRIENDS AND STARTING A NEW SCHOOL AS WELL AS LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE BUT I'M SURE SHE'LL BE OKAY IN TIME.
IF THERE IS ANYBODY WHO HAS MOVED TO FRANCE PERMANANTLY WITH A TEENAGER I WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE ON WHAT PROBLEMS TO EXPECT AND THEIR EXPERIENCES.

We came to the Vaucluse with children aged 10 and 12, so they had a little time in the primary school, which helped. They didn't speak French either. Of course a lot depends on your daughter's nature, if she is fairly out-going it is easier to make new friends (wherever you are). Both of mine picked up French very quickly - it is a question of necessity and your daughter may find she is popular because she has 'rarity value'. As long as she manages to make friends and there is no reason why she shouldn't, all will be fine! Of course then you have all the usual problems of bad influences etc. - but this is true anywhere!!
Good luck.

Laine

Hi Did you see on the Middi-Pyrenees bit that a julieandadam put a note in for friend for our daughter on the 6th Feb.They are just starting house hunting so it might be nice for your daughter to talk to their 13 year old,I sent my girls e-mail address to them but we only have a holiday home.goodluck.PS I DID NOT THINK YOU WERE SHOUTING.