DIARY South Eastern France

Kira's posting about proposed windmills is a reminder that nothing stays still while the likes of hergoodself and me are noisily counting down the minutes until we become residents of Q*****n (expurgared to avoid upsetting Dunrunnin).

In an idle moment I was wondering if anyone might like to volunteer a regular news dairy, culled from the local press - keeping us updated on key events like Quilly's revellation that the Maire had had a wild moment and installed blue painted lamp posts, or maybe that someone's bath towel blew off a clothes line near Opas.

I for one would be riveted.
Rob

Sent the kids to the village shop to buy me a newspaper(got to let the locals think I can read!) any way still looking for gossip for you but as you mentioned it was someones birthday soon ,theres a flyer in with the mags advertising a liquidation total of joalliers in Perpignan and heres the real scandal they are having an ouverture exceptionelle on SUNDAY 30th may!

Just to P*** you off a bit I`ll give you a weather check of the back of L`Independant(and then move away from the screen whilst your fist comes through)
lundi max 22
mardi max23
Mecredi max27
jeudi max 18
vendredi et samedi max 30

Oh and just some hilarious news ,mr O has posted about how many cherries we have been getting off the tree and is getting sick of them,well he is working today ,guess what he is doing ,delivering cherries and other fruit and veg up north! dont think hell be bringing home any drivers spoils!!!!

Hi Rob,

Only meeeee,

Got back on Saturday, went to Gru Agde, Avignon (nice), then down to Nice. The temp was about 24 to 30C and only a light spot of rain one night. In contrast it rained here the first week, sunny the second but with a massive storm with hail and about 10" of rain in 1 hour (hope your roof is on Jo, haven't had time to look yet) the road through Belvianes was blocked by water for about an hour (says Fabien at the Auberge).

Still it's nice and sunny here now so perhaps summer has arrived, best get the BBQ out just in case.

Sunday was the Fair at 'Q'. Next weekend is the Fete in Belvianes et Cavirac which lasts for 3 days ending with a sit down meal for the village(s).

Threw a blade on the lawnmower decapitating moles, must be those new helmets and body armour they got.

Trains not running due to wrong type of grass on track.

Gary (in Ginnoles) has the base of his house done and is going back to the UK to see his kids for a couple of weeks. Not bad as he is building it on his own with no help.

Somebody sprayed grafetti on a wall in 'Q', the police are setting up a major incident room for this one.

Thats about it really.

Chris

http://www.chambresdhote.com