Well weve been installed in chez nous now for nearly a year,still havn`t found the relaxed lifestyle...except for the 2 hour lunch and perhaps an afternoon lie down in term time(too much info!)
the year has flown by and much has happened and we have all progressed in our language skills.
Now when I write or phone family in the UK they will think I have had a personality transplant when I detail our last couple of weeks here...let me explain .
When we lived in UK ,him indoors (HGV driver) was up at the crack of dawn so our house was lights out by 9.30 at the latest,up at 6.30 for me and the girls then on the go with school run ,work ,shopping ,planning meals,always on the go.
Now take last night for example.....weather too hot to eat so evening meal was 9 ish ,girls went out to play as per,then they arrived back at 10 pm with friends in tow "can we go to**********(name of next village) there is a fair and a dance?" So at 10.15 at night I was ironing clothes and getting ready to walk to the` occassion`! and after spending a few euros on the fair and dancing with the rest of the sleepy catalans(who hadn`t even got going yet) we started to walk home at half past midnight!!
So I think the expression `change of lifestyle ` could be applied in our case......off for a true Catalan siesta now as I am K********, oh and its b***** hot!