retiring to Languedoc-Rousillion

Income is a hard thing to pin down. Bill wise we spend more here in France than we did in the U.K. If you have only just retired i would double what you spent when working. You will be home more, so use more power, water ect plus you may drive more to explore your new home and use more petrol. Food wise we spend about the same. Think what amount you would need to live on in the U.K. and you will be fine.

[quote]You will save money on all french lessons because nearly all the brit expats speak english up there,french is a alien language to them. see above posting for link.[/quote]

I thought the whole idea of moving to France was to escape from the brits!...

We have lived in Turkey for 2 years, completely native and choose not to live with the rest of the British community.  We intend to do the same in France. 

pass me a glass of wine!

[quote]So did we,which part.we where a little east of kemer to start with and any where in between bodrum and cyprus after.[/quote]

We live between Izmir and Cesme and really enjoy our life here, but the problems with flights not to mention the cost, make our regular trips to our beloved France out of the question.  

If you have tried Turkish wine  you will understand why we have to have at least one trip back each year.

[quote]Hello I really wonder why anyone would like to live like a Turk. Reegards John[/quote]

Dear John

You are either a Turkish gentleman who has not treated your neighbours and/or work colleagues well or you have never lived here or understood your hosts.

I have not found living here a problem nor have my international friends.  Indeed few wish to leave.  My husband and I feel previliged to be here. 

Yes there are many problems, it's a hard life, but this is true all over the world.

When our time comes to leave, we will be very sad.

Katrina

You are either a Turkish gentleman who has not treated your neighbours and/or work colleagues well or......

Well he's no gent for starters. He seems to think tacking on a smiley or a 'cheers' makes anything he says OK.

Generally, i'm a short post fan, but his usually last no more than 2 lines, each containing a put down of an individual, a group of people, or, as in this case, a whole nation of people, and nothing else, really.

tresco

[quote]Confused of france here ,but where are you now,and if like many of our friends you are still in turkey why do you want to come to france after only two years in turkey[/quote]

Dear Outcast

I think the title 'Retiring to Languedoc-Rousillion' says it all; but as your name suggests, perhaps you are non too bright, as you have not followed the conversation.

My husband and I have worked all over the world and Turkey happens to be our last contract.  Our aim for the last 15 years has been to settle and retire in France.

I enjoyed India but I would not want to retire there either.  Please do not criticise a country without having lived there, your friends are still here!. 

Iyi Aksamlar

Oh someone is PMing again,katrina read the posts dim wit,I have lived in turkey,not to bright you posted, well at least I can read a post better than you did,and it took you how long 15 years to retire to france and still you need to ask how much you will need to live on,you make me laughdid not take me that long to get to france and I do not need to retire to do it,sold your house in india did you well you might get a dog kennel for the same money here in france.

Oh now Outcast, that reply is just mean and nasty.

Earlier in the thread you were asking Katrina whereabouts in Turkey she lived.  Now, you are slagging her off for her original question. If anyone has a 'right' to be uncertain about living costs, it's someone who has been abroad, for whatever reason, for, what was it, 10 or 15 years.

Is there anyone apart from Nick Griffin that you don't have a problem with?????

Outcast, I'm a big believer in keeping the lines of communication open, but save your kisses for someone else please.

Why did you turn on Katrina like that?. As far as I can make out, all was well until she failed to pick up on albis bait to slag off an entire nation of people.

tresco

Hmmmm

And I'm upset with someone, too. CAST OUT could be a new nickname ?

I've been outside UK in different countries for the last 15 years. Nothing wrong with that ?

I live in an isolated part of Languedoc and rarely meet English speakers.

So why did I need to be attacked by CAST OUT ?

Peter