Its so Quiet you can hear a pin drop

My goodness, are you all slumbering in the sunny south? Nothing posted since the Irish are coming? Or have you all sold up at a vast profit to these incomers and gone to live in dear old blighty?Here is me slaving at my desk still( until October that is) in a for once  very hot Oxfordshire, I am now concerned that when we eventually arrive in October we may be alone, whilst you lot are all living in luxury in Cornwall or devon

We have been too busy...setting up a shady sun awning...then the terrace looked groty , so early morning painting...afternoons are catalan style, oh my goodness look at the time

94 degrees on our terrace yesterday and then we had a 10 minuite thunderstorm, relief, then It was like a sauna!

time for a siesta

Mrs O

lynarth - I was wondering the same thing. I figured maybe most folks on the forum don't live in the Southeast. Here in Bedoin - not far from Carpentras or Avignon, it is truly HOT these last few days. Mowed and cut weeds this morning in the yard from 8:30 am to noon. By the time I was finished I think I had lost a litre of perspiration. I was thrilled our guests had gone to Avignon and I jumped in the pool to cool off ! What a relief.

Bedoin is filled with tourists and the Monday market is unapproachable so I guess tourism is going well here (as it always seems to).

Still hoping for another evening rain storm like the one we got Sunday evening. Went a long way in rejuvenating the grass/plants/trees...

Oh good so you are all still there but sweltering quietly in the warm sunshine. ( or was that Bill and Ben?). Its actually hot here at the moment. I suppose by the time we move to 66 in October it will be cold.

lynarth

Lynarth - we are here year round - never leave. Often wish for a small vacation in another part of France, just for the enjoyment.

Another hot day today. Looked like a thunderstorm might arrive last evening, but alas, it blew over with no rain at all. Still have the risk this evening and can only hope for the best - some rain !

Enjoyed the Festival of Music in Bedoin last night. The place was packed with happy vacationers. Must be keeping the local businesses smiling.

Where is 66 ?

Lori

66 is( and I will probably spell this wrong) Pyrenees Orientales. Currently we are selling our lovely small house in Aude (11) and buying in |Nefiach near Perpignan because  its closer to the med and bigger.

lynarth

We're in the Rhone, so level 3 out of 4 on the canicule alert. We're not even supposed to go out between 12 and 4, because of the pollution (and that's all of us, not just the elderly). So nothing is happening. Looking forward to la fête du cinéma to take my mind off the heat this weekend.

Hot here too (Vaucluse). Pulled weeds that were growing up in the driveway area - after several afternoon thundershowers. Did it from 8:50 to 10:45 am (had to wait until after I took my daughter to school). I don't remember EVER perspiring so much! Not a pretty sight.

After doing that, I was so tired from the sun and losing all that fluid, all I could do was thumb through the La Redoute summer sale booklet and take a look at the news and the weather channel. Complete vegetable ...