Tax on line

bixy

For the last two years the tax office has messed up my tax and so this year I'm thinking about filling the forms in on line in the (vain?) hope that they might get it right this time. I have some questions about this. 1) do you get a calculation at the end telling you how much you are due to pay? 2) If so, is that amount definitive? 3) Do you still receive a paper tax demand? 4) Are both the 2042 and 2047 available for completion (or is it even necessary to do both?) 5) Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks for your responses - a bit of hand holding needed!

Patrick

[quote user="bixy"]1) do you get a calculation at the end telling you how much you are due to pay?[/quote]

If you are rsident, then I think the answer is YES. If non-resident, then NO - at least we don't

[quote user="bixy"]2) If so, is that amount definitive?[/quote]

Dunno

[quote user="bixy"]3) Do you still receive a paper tax demand?[/quote]

Yes

[quote user="bixy"]4) Are both the 2042 and 2047 available for completion (or is it even necessary to do both?)[/quote]

Yes and yes

[quote user="bixy"]5) Is there anything else I need to know?[/quote]

You need the "numero de teledeclarant" from the first form that they send out.

I don't get an amount to pay at the end of doing my télédeclaration, and if I try the online simulation it can't handle the fact that I have income both from France and from the UK.

In any case the only definitive statement of how much you have to pay comes on your "Avis d'Imposition" which you receive a few months after the declaration (August for me this year).

[quote user="NormanH"]I don't get an amount to pay at the end of doing my télédeclaration, and if I try the online simulation it can't handle the fact that I have income both from France and from the UK.

In any case the only definitive statement of how much you have to pay comes on your "Avis d'Imposition" which you receive a few months after the declaration (August for me this year).

[/quote]

Indeed. From what I have seen and understood, if you ONLY have French-sourced income, then it should give you an amount for tax payable within a couple of days of filing. However, like the simulator, any "non-standard" thing seems to trip it up.