Yes we are well anchored down too, should be after 350 years in the same spot. Its very rough here and the leaves are coming down like a blizzard. Hope no one is crossing the channel today as they are in for a rough ride without a doubt.

Well I certainly felt 350 years old after the weekend. We spent all day Sunday pruning anything over three feet high and have a pile that would suffice any good Nov 5th bonfire in the UK until we can get to the dump. Seriously, it is very rough here but not un-normal for the time of year and it keeps the cold away as the wind still seems to be coming up from the SW rather than down from the arctic. Havn't had any heating on yet as still waiting for the stove door to be returned so that too, is a good sign and a saving on the woodpile.

We were expecting to be hit by the storm.  It got a bit windy yesterday afternoon, then that dropped and we got quite a bt of rain during the evening and night but today we have a beautiful clear blue sky and no wind.

Should really be out in the garden putting the bulbs in!

Just got off the P&O Portsmouth - Cherbourg this morning, was almost a dissappointment, a smoother crossing than last week when the captain reckoned it was a force 9! After all the hype about the expected storm I was half expecting the boat to be cancelled (well, it is tonight but that's due to industrial action by French staff!) but hardly felt any movement on board. One unexpected bonus was watching the lunar eclipse this morning as we docked at Cherbourg, absolutely magical. Don't suppose many of you caught it which is a pity as it was so clear.

Val

Well, only a yellow alert today and it is much worse than yesterday.  Here anyway.  Absolutely throwing it down with jolly old thunder and lightening.  So dark at my house in Josselin that I came home as couldn't see to work.  The streets there were running in water.

Oh!  It seems to be clearing up.  Just like that!