Can anyone recommend a decent wood supplier here in Picardie.

Our regular wood supplier has retired We would need someone in the Poix de Picardie/Aumale/Hornoy Le Bourg area.  We did try  someone from Picquiney but he was really expensive.  We would like a regular delivery but if that is not possible we could take a large load and stack it ourselves.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated, thanks

Hi.

I can't actually help you but wanted to hop on your wagon as i also need wood.

I have moved out here a month ago. Living in the Canche Valley little village near Beaurainville. Also in need rather quickly of wood as the colder weather is approaching.

My nearest Auchan that i know of is in Bologne so not sure that would be much use.

Anyone with local knowledge I would be grateful of assistance.

Merci Tellement.

Sarah Tiller.

Why not ask your neighbour or at the nearest boulangerie or bar?

Although I'm not in your region, wood suppliers around here (16) only deliver very locally as they bring it by tractor. Our neighbour has the same supplier as us, he has used the same guy for donkey's years so we knew that we were getting decent wood (chene and charme) at the going rate.

PS There are also ads in our local paper for bois chauffage.

• 2 weeks later...

None of our supermarkets Auchan, etc have anything to do with wood, coal yes if you ask in time.

Local papers do not have anything in the petite announce, neighbours very cagey about where they get their supplies.  Guess its back to the yellow pages and paying over the odds!!!

Hi Opalienne,

We do not get freesheets, we get the usual publicity once a week but nothing that advertises any small businesses.   We have not tried our local mayor yet, so that maybe something we could do.

We had just hoped that someone would take over our regular suppliers rounds but that has not happened. 

Thank you for the suggestion anyway.

The Petites Annonces in our local paper (l'Eveil) has a sub-section for Bois de Chauffage in the 'Agriculture' section of ads.

I don't know what is your local paper but I would bet that it has something similar. We don't get free sheets delivered to the house, being in the sticks, but there are always some on the counter at the local bar.

Shame someone hasn't taken over the round.