I posted this first on the 'North-East' section and was told that it should be here instead - silly me thinking that P-d-C was North East.........

Well you don't get much more North or East than this!

Anyone out there in Pas-de-Calais?  I'm near Fruges and would love to hear from anybody who might be nearby - There are a few Brits around but none that I know use this forum.

Pierre

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Appologies for not replying sooner but its been a bit of a manic week!!

OK, We (that's me, wife 2 teenage boys) are in Coupelle-Vieille, a few Kms outside of Fruges.  We have a little old cottage which we bought nearly 6 years ago and have loved every minute.  We do not live there full time unfortunately but like most of you I guess, get there when we can.  Now it get a bit complicated. Wife and kids are in UK but I'm living/working in Luxembourg so I go back to the UK when I can and we all meet up in France whenever possible.  In fact, I will be there this weekend - its about a 5 hour boring drive from Lux.  But at least I'm on the right side of the channel!!!  Did anyone else fall foul of Eurotunnel's decision to pull the Property Owners Club?  Never mind, the banks will take the Tunnel back soon and I bet they re-appoint the old Board.

So, maybe if we can agree on a date and a bar, meet up for a drink?

Pierre, from a cold and wet Luxembourg

Hi,

We too live near by, we live in a small village near Beaurainville. At the moment we visit in the school holidays but Hubby will be moving out later in the year and Im moving out next year to start a French style life!!  We too have a teenage son who dislikes holidaying in such a boring place! ( His words not ours) Hubby is out there in the next few days to do some work, he is always looking out for new golfing chums or someone to share his new found hobby canoing! Another hobby is drinking copius amounts of wine. When first bought house he intended filling the cellar but somehow this doesnt seem to happen ???

So you are not the only ones who live/ holiday in Pas de Calais.

jane  &  brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Pierre - you're in Coupelle - Vielle?

You have an interesting-looking little restaurant there -

Le Fournil? Maybe a good place to meet up? We're still

weekending / holidaying at our cottage in Willeman (near

Hesdin) & our plan to move out full time has been thwarted

by a combination of a dead UK property market & the fact

that our 12 year old has now settled at a school near

us here in London where he is really happy.

We're next over for April 2nd - 10th.

Hi

Yes we are near (2Km) from the Fournil.  It is an excellant restaurant with great food at very reasonable prices.  The people who run it are very nice too.  It is very popular and you nearly always have to book.  From the outside it doesn't look very special. the first time we went there we thought it was a 'Le Routier' or similar and we had just come from the beach complete with shorts, T shirts and sand in our shoes.  Bit of a shock when we walked in and found it to be quite smart.  Tried to back-peddle but we were told our attire didn't matter and we were made very welcome and had a fantastic meal (4 of us, 4 courses with a bottle of wine all for about 60 Euros). We have 2 boys, 15 and 16 so we are locked into exams etc. But maybe when they go to University .......

We are next over for Easter then from 8th April I think.  Maybe meet up then? and others in the area?  I'll email closer to the time if that's OK.

Tropical -3 deg C in Luxembourg today (where did I put those shorts?)

Pierre

Hello

I know a Pug breeder in Luxembourg! His name is Anton Metz, Do you know him? We have had several Pugs from him, all of them have died.

We called the first one 'pugsley' and the second one was called 'Seamus' the third one we called 'Ranjit' the fourth one was called 'John'. They are really lovely little creatures are Pugs, I highly recommend that you all go and buy one!

• 2 weeks later...

Furryknicks

I should have read you post more carefully, I thought you said 'Pig' breeder !!!

Not heard of your chap but know of an Alfread Metz from Remich who turns out a VERY acceptable drop of Crement.

Re the dogs, I am about to email you with some info.

Spring has definitely Sprung in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Pierre

Hi Everyone,

What a pleasure it is to find others with a house in Pas-de-Calais. Our house is in Acquin Westbecourt, which is 15 kms west of St Omer. We thought we were the only British in Pas-de-Calais as we haven't come across any others.

We bought our house three years ago. We only manage to get over once a month, but hope this may change in the future, though not very likely this year as my partner is captain of the seniors at his golf club.

We've been coming over on the 5-day eurotunnel property owners club trips. It's a shame that they've disbanded but it actually makes it a bit easier for us as it means that we can come over in the evening instead of wasting a day. Our next trip is planned for Easter.

If any of you are planning to meet up, then we'd be interested.

Hope to meet you in the future.

Jacquie

Me Too!

We will be there for Easter

Anyone want to suggest a place/time to meet up for a little drinkie?

I suggest (but open to offers) Saturday early evening, somewhere in Fruges? (but Fruges is not reknowned for its nice bars I think) So, somewhere else?

Pierre

Beeeeeautiful spring day in Luxembourg

hi

not sure if my first message went so i'm trying again. we leave for france tomorrow yipee! we are here until 1st april so if anyone is meeting up we would be interested.

hope to see you soon

Jane & brian from Offin

OK, shall we sort out Easter first? I propose Sat. 26 march about 18:00 at Cafè du Sport in Fruges.  I know it's not a wonderful bar but it is pretty central to most of us (I think) and is easy to find, lower end of the market square, can't miss it.  If we all turn up they will do more business than they do the rest of the month!

What does everyone think?

BTW - Does anyone know if the shops (i.e. Champion) is open Friday at all?

Pierre from a very foggy Luxembourg