Hi

I am a new member just joined, currently living in Cyprus planning to re-locate to France early/mid 2007[:D] we plan to rent un-furnished long term. Brittany area. Would appreciate any advise/help/pointers anyone can give us how soon should we start looking for rental property, prices we can expect to pay for long term rent, can anyone recommend a shipping company for removals etc. Look forward to hearing from anyone with any information

Thanks

Hi,

We are moving over at the end of next month - & left it far to late to find a long-term rental.  Start now

You are lucky that if you move over in early 2007 it will be out of the peak holiday season, so more will be available - but it's never to early to start.  I have been searching for about 2 months & have found 4 possibilities - we are actually going to France, tomorrow, for a week to view them.  Everything else is booked up!!  It's our own fault - but hadn't expected our house to sell so quickly - & therefore move over so quickly - buy we're not complaining!!  [:D]

Price wise - we are being quoted between 400euros a month (two bed house) - 1,200 a month (4 bed house).  Again, you will probably find it cheaper in low-season.

Google - "International Removals Companies" & get as many quotes as possible.  Ours ranged from £4,000 - £8,000!!!  I don't know if the company we have decided to go with would be of any help - we moving from Northern Ireland - but if you want the details, please PM me & I'll let you know who I've contacted & what they quoted

Good luck.

So nice to get your reply

Hope you have a great time in France this week and that you find something to your liking

Thanks for you information, would be interested in speaking to your chosen removal company to see if they can assist in moving us from Cyprus. Do you also have any good contacts for long term rental through either private individuals or agents.

What part of France are you moving to?

I will contact you on your return to see how you got on

Thanks for your contact once again

Diane

It's for approx 1500c/ft.  Sorry - don't have it in metres & the brain's not working at the moment!!

Actually got a revised quote from the company last week & it's gone up to £4300 + vat.  Still better than most - plus another £900 for the 3 cats, from the animal couriers!!  Again - it should be cheaper from the UK as we will be paying to get our stuff to the mainland.

Why dont you ask the Removal Co to take the cats, We take pets even on the long trips to Spain, As long as we can get on the overnight ferry into Santander, I even have a pic on the office wall with me and a cat on a lead having a wee at a rest area. I dropped off on the same urb a few months later and called round and the cat still remembered me.  

I would hate to travel with our 3.  It upsets me to hear them upset - even going 10mins down the road to the vet.  The couriers will collect them from our door, fly them to England & drive them in air-conditioned carriers to our new French door.  Actually, now that I think about it - they are going in luxury & we'll be on a cheap flight with no comforts at all!! Somethings wrong here!!  [8-)]