that she is unable or unwilling to seek assistance either back in Uk

or here in France, however, as she is family, we obviously ensure she

has the very basic necessities for living ! My queries are: (1) As we

are unable to claim any financial assistance - can we include her in

our impots declaration so that at least we can get some reduction in

the taxes we pay re Impot/Fonciere/Habitation  (2) Does she have

to register with the Impots that she is indeed now a permanent

resident in France?

Not sure but you might be able to put down your expenses on your tax form, to be allowed against income. It wouldn't affect your taxe fonciere but it would lower your.RFR, therefore it would reduce your income tax and potentially your taxe d'hab if your income is low. Certainly you can claim the cost of supporting aged parents, don't know about adult offspring though. Without any medical certificates it might be tricky.

She should really fill in a tax form but if she literally has zero income, there will be no penalty if she doesn't. However in the long term it could be useful if she does, just to prove she lives here.

Can't help wondering how she's going to qualify for healthcare in France?

I would be far more worried about the health care consequences of her moving in with you than anything else. With no income, and not registered as handicapped and being well over 25 I don't see how she could be added to your top up health insurance if you have it. And even if she manages to move with an S1 then that will expire rather quickly, so it would be better if she had an E121(S1), with a handicapped classification, from the UK which would cover the main part of her health care, but not the top up part.

Tax, well if she is registered as handicapped, then maybe she could be added to your declaration. I would ask at your impot office.

Many thanks EuroTrash! The situation is very complicated! We are dealing with a highly educated, intelligent person who, despite Autism and  after a long period in a managerial position - got stressed out, resigned and now has issues with society as we understand it! No she has no healthcare provision and has ignored our request that she should at least get an E121. We will try again to get her to fill in a Tax form but I have my doubts!

[quote user="rropo"]No she has no healthcare provision and has ignored our request that she should at least get an E121. We will try again to get her to fill in a Tax form but I have my doubts! [/quote]

To be honest I think filling in a tax form is the least worrying aspect of her being here if, as you say, she has no income at all. The question of healthcare cover is, to my mind, of more importance at the moment. If she has been working of late in the UK she might qualify for some cover in her own right here, but she will need some evidence of rights from the UK before rights will be accorded here.

It is all a bit of a minefield.

Sue

I can only re-echo what everyone else has said - you need to explain to her that that healthcare is not free and if she simply arrives to live in France without making any healthcare arrangements she will not be covered, therefore if she needs any kind of medical treatment (other than in an emergency, theoretically) there will be a bill to pay, and it could run into the thousands of euro, and it will be her responsibility to pay it. Even an EHIC would be better than nothing though it would involve a certain amount of being economical with the truth.

No point in worrying about the tax declaration until next May in any case, I think it would be a waste of time to try and submit a late declaration for 2012 at this stage - the tax office probably wouldn't want to accept it, for all the hassle it would be processing it and no tax to collect at the end of it. That's one for the future, but the healthcare could blow up at any time. Having issues with society is all very well but society will start having serious issues with her if she can't pay her bills, and how will she deal with that.

I can understand why you think it important that she is 'registered' as a french resident via a tax form as that should cover her eventually for health care, but that is now going to be five/six years hence, which is a very long time. Ofcourse apart from quitting her job, she may be fit as a fiddle during that time period, but personally I wouldn't take that risk.

If she needs any kind of medical treatment (other than in an emergency, theoretically) there will be a bill to pay, and it could run into the thousands of euro, and it will be her responsibility to pay it.

I get the impression that the person concerned even at the age of 50 is of the opinion that she has no responsibilities and her parents should take care of her, probably using phrases like a sister of mine "I didnt ask to be brought into this world, its your responsibility".

The OP has my sincere sympathies, I know thay say that being a parent is a job for life but some people seem to take it too literally IMHO, nobody deserves to be put in that position during their retirement unless the offspring concerned is still a child.

I am sorry that I have no constructive advice for you.

Nobody seems to agree with my suggestion that she might qualify as a 'ayant droit', but there is this:

cohabitant à charge : toute personne vivant chez l'assuré social depuis

au moins 12 mois, et qui est à sa charge totale, effective et

permanente. Une seule personne peut être ayant droit d'un assuré social à

ce titre.

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F16622.xhtml

Am I mistaken?  I confess I have been very busy this week so have not completely absorbed the situation..