Up until last week huddling round the stove, now puddling in the mud (as normal for 50). Back in UK at the moment, back in France in February for the Big Adventure (the Fosse Man Cometh....)

Incidentally went to our favourite restaurant for New Year's Eve, and it was half-empty ... is the recession starting to bite in Normandie as well ?

Of course.  And as they were chief accountants for a major petroleum company, and the rooms were required for a surprise honeymoon present for their friends, I had no hesitation in accepting their reservation.  Unfortunately, the last time they booked, the company cheque their head office sent me was for ten times the correct amount.  I really don't know what to do, so I'm awaiting their advice.

[quote user="cassis"]Yes.  Thankfully.  Because I was caught out by a dodgy cheque from Nigeria a couple of years ago - won't make that mistake again!  But the Ivory Coast should be okay, they contacted me in French.
[/quote]

Don't forget you'd best make sure you take no bookings for the relevant period as they are going to take all your rooms and their cheque is already in your possession.