Can the permit to construct be renewed?

Was your Permis granted in March 2009?

My logic says it must have been, because if it was 2008 it will already have expired!

The reason for this convoluted intro is that a Permis granted after Dec 2008 has a validity of 3 years as opposed to the previous 2 years. Any granted before that date retained a validity of 2 years.

So ............. on face value, you're OK. You can apply (once only) for a 12 month extension no later than 2 months prior to the expiry of the Permis.

As always though, check it out with your Mairie and make sure that they recognise that change to the law.  

HI

I will check the date to be sure but believe the permit was granted prior to Dec 2008. However, because of the economic climate the French Goverment granted an additional year before building had to commence.

In fact we only need to renew the CU so that we retain the value of the plot. A potential buyer can then apply for their own Permit to Construct

I've been advised that not all expiring CU's or detail planning will be renewed, since the department is tightening or reducing permissions, and that new detailed planning when renewed may have additional stipulations, (on mine they changed the position of the building on the plot for example).

I will check the exact date but I believe the Permit was granted prior to Dec 2008. However because of the economic climate the french government granted an extension to all permits of 1 year.

In fact we only need to renew the CU to retain the value of the land any potential buyer can apply for their own Permit

[quote user="just john "]And as I understand it, if you declare and commence work, then the permit continues. . . .[/quote]I sure hope so, we got our planning permission in 2007, in november 2009 we had a message from our architect to say he could extend it which he did for us, we have not had any coms with him this year, we did start work on the property in 2007 but have not done enough to get it signed of and for us to start paying taxes/rates on the place, we wish we could do that to save all this worry as to losing the planning permission.

[quote user="mustang boss 302"][quote user="just john "]And as I understand it, if you declare and commence work, then the permit continues. . . .[/quote]I sure hope so, we got our planning permission in 2007, in november 2009 we had a message from our architect to say he could extend it which he did for us, we have not had any coms with him this year, we did start work on the property in 2007 but have not done enough to get it signed of and for us to start paying taxes/rates on the place, we wish we could do that to save all this worry as to losing the planning permission.[/quote]

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F2082.xhtml

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="mustang boss 302"][quote user="just john "]And as I understand it, if you declare and commence work, then the permit continues. . . .[/quote]I sure hope so, we got our planning permission in 2007, in november 2009 we had a message from our architect to say he could extend it which he did for us, we have not had any coms with him this year, we did start work on the property in 2007 but have not done enough to get it signed of and for us to start paying taxes/rates on the place, we wish we could do that to save all this worry as to losing the planning permission.[/quote]

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F2082.xhtml

[/quote]Many thanks for the link.

It sounds like, because I started the rebuild it should still have permit, and as long as I do work every year it would be ok?