tax fonc/habitation keeps going up

woody234

[quote user="woody234"]my tax fonciere and d'habitation for 75m2 is 1200 euros a year for a farm house in deux sevres, why is it so much these days
[/quote]

If you take any notice of a couple of a couple of other contributers elsewhere on this forum they would probably tell you it's because the councils are building loads of social  housing.[:D]   Still thank your lucky stars mate you don't have to pay the rates that people have to pay in southern England. Our French taxes are pretty much the same as yours and we are in a tiny village with no facility's at all. But then that's our choice, and we think it's worth it.

If you're asking me Chancer? my French residential taxes have gone up this year by the astronomical sum of 10 Euro a  year.  Seems to be about the same amount extra every year, I think we can live with that. Going back to UK  housing rates I've  think they are unfair, as the top band rates include 3/4 bed family houses and millionaires mansions in large private estates. In fact they are heavily biased in favour of the financially better off, it seems the people at the lower end of the ladder, council houses and small properties seem to come of worse, pro rata to their position on the financial ladder.

[quote user="NickP"]If you're asking me Chancer? my French residential taxes have gone up this year by the astronomical sum of 10 Euro a month.  Seems to be about the same amount extra every year, I think we can live with that. Going back to UK  housing rates I've  think they are unfair, as the top band rates include 3/4 bed family houses, and millionaires mansions in large private estates. In fact they are heavily biased in favour of the financially better off, it seems the people at the lower end of the ladder, council houses and small properties seem to come of worse, pro rata to their position on the financial ladder.[/quote]

No it was for the OP, my rises to date have been reasonable and predictable, in France that is.

I agree with you about the gradings in the UK, if Windsor castle was in my village they would only pay 2.5 times what it costs for my shed [:(]

[quote user="NickP"] Going back to UK  housing rates I've  think they are unfair, as the top band rates include 3/4 bed family houses and millionaires mansions in large private estates. In fact they are heavily biased in favour of the financially better off, it seems the people at the lower end of the ladder, council houses and small properties seem to come of worse, pro rata to their position on the financial ladder.[/quote]

Quite correct -

I do wish there was someone would do something about the council tax system when the top rate includes Kensington Palace Road. This road  is full of billionaires with a UK police presence, manned gates at one end and the billionaires pay a similar tax - or little more, to many of us in average rated detached houses on dirt roads- and almost no services.

Tegwini