Limoges Airport

Hi

Might be a bit early for anyone to have experienced it, but I see that Limoges airport is introducing airport parking from start october.   I can't see anywhere on the airport web site where you can book parking, so I assume you just turn up and pay on the day.   Is this correct does anyone know.   Also, has anyone come through in last few days and seen if there is sufficient parking?   I'd hate to turn up for my first trip back to UK since arrival and find no parking places !!

Yes, Limoges, like othe small airports has been forced to introduce parking fees.  The preparation has been going on for a few months and most of the old bangers (mainly british), that were taking up so much room, have been towed away.  The last few times I have been there it has been a doddle to find a place to park.  It has made such a difference!

Many thanks.   I agree with the parking fees as it happens, because it was an embarrassment before, as you say, with all the old bangers which clearly mostly belonged to Brits, taking up precious spaces.

As long as I have a place to park my car, I will happily fork out the fees - they are quite reasonable anyway, especially compared to what you would pay for parking so near the airport in the UK.

I went through yesterday londoneye and the pay barriers are in the process of being installed so no worries for a few days at least...the first carpark on your right looks as if it's full but there is plenty of space at the bottom....first time back in a few years, and apart from seeing my people I hope not to repeat the experience anytime soon.

Well, off tomorrow, so we shall see how it goes ......

Actually I had forgotten that I have been back once already (alone), but that was to represent my former company at tribunal, so it was a luxury all expenses paid jobbie, but no time to really do anything.    Actually found all the PEOPLE really annoying !!!!!!!!!!   Couldn't believe there were so many of them - nearly lost the will to live in M&S, and I had been rea.lly looking forward to a bit of M&S food shopping too.   Left with a bunch of mince pies and headed for the hills.     No doubt will feel the same this time .... or perhaps not, who knows.

hmm - sadly true.   Lovely to see people, traffic appalling, driving in general severely scary in a hire car with large excess, people - just too many.  Still, it's still home and always will be really, warts and all.   I know what you mean about the cows - I kept going 'oh look, a black and white cow' like an excited 5 year old...  still not as pretty as the local cows.

Anyway, quick update on airport parking.   Seems they still haven't got their act together quite.   Lots of puzzled / anxious (mainly Brits) hanging around the barriers, trying to stuff credit cards of any description into the slots (of which I was one, I hasten to add!).    Gave up in the end, left the car and checked with information, whereby I was told 20th October is start date now.    However, I wouldn't bank on it.   He assured me that my car wouldn't be towed away, and he was right !!   It was there when we got back, and no parking to pay this time.

Is it common in France for all the Airport car parks that have charges to accept only a CB card ?  I notice at Nantes Airport car parks if you want to get out ....the machines will only take your card  for payment  after you run your ticket through the machine .,..or is there another  machine somewhere that will take your  cash and then magnetically alter your ticket  so it will lift the barrier so  you can get out ?