Anyone near Bourges or Chateauroux?

Hi

We have a holiday home out in the countryside which we love. The locals speak no English and we are not complaining about this but as our French is only 'pigeon french' we occasionally would enjoy a 'good 'ol' chat in English just to keep the vocal chords going. We are in our 50's, both teachers and still working. Our house is between Bourges and Issoudun. Is there anyone living in that area who might like to meet up for a drink and a chat sometime?

Lesley and Paul[:)]

We're just in the process of moving over for two years (hopefully more!)  and will be living in Bourges. We're in our late 30's.   I have just given up my teaching job to be a stay at home mum to my toddler, and hope to be enjoying France to the full while my partner slogs at his job [:D].  He's over there now, while I'm sorting out the move from this end, but hoping to be over permanently in 3 weeks time.  I certainly would love to meet up, if only to giggle at my temporary escape from school.[:P]

Sara

Lesley, Paul,

How long have you had the house? We have noticed that the number of UK owners in this area has increased considerably over the last few years and you won't have any trouble meeting enough to keep you happy. They may not be on this forum but you will find them in the bread queues, supermarkets, restaurants and DIY outlets. We haven't been to Issoudun but have visited Bourges on daytrips.

Alistair

My wife and I are both in our fifties, semi retired, but now permanant in France. We'd be glad to meet up - especially if  you fancy a trip over towards Sancerre on one of your trips over.. Our only teaching connection is our daughter and the wifes brother... both in South Wales.

Hello - We are moving to Genouilly 18310 in July and hope to be able to get together with anyone interested. We are Irish and South African. This is a permanent move. We are in our 40's and have four children.
Anyone else interested in getting together?

Debbie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi bluemerle50 - I am not too far away - my wife and I (both early 50's) have a house in Aubigny-sur-Nere (about 40k north of Bourges).

I am currently winding down my work in England with a view to moving to Aubigny full time next year. We will however be there for a great part of the July/August period and probably again in October!

The house is in pretty good condition but I want to improve facilities with a view to renting out. We also have outhouses crying out for conversion.

Would also be interested in meeting/chatting to Bannon from Sancerre as, like most 'locals' enjoy the wine!

My mother is French and therefore I am pretty much bilingual and the house has been in the family for nearly 100 years. I cant wait to get out there full time!

As I will be on my own to start with I imagine a good old chat in English would be nice.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Thanks everyone. Have only just managed to get back online but we now know that we will be in France for virtually the whole of August apart from the last few days. We'll contact individually with details.

Hope to meet up with some of you

Lesley and Paul

Hi Alistair

Have just noticed the question. We have had our house 18 months. Up until now the longest we have been able to stay there for any one period is two weeks so we are looking forward to being there for a month. Up to now we've only met one English family at a market!

Lesley and Paul

• 2 years later...
Hi I've emailed and pm'd you but I don't think the facility is working? So here's a copy of what I sent:

Hi there, I have a place in Chateauneuf-sur-cher and though not living

ther yet, intend to very soon. I'll be visiting in June/July to make

preparations. I usually stay in Nueilly sur Barangeon, as I can't find

anything suitable closer. There are very few English speaking people in my area -  which

is why I chose it - to improve my French, but you do need a good old

chin wag even so.

Do get in touch, if interested and we could perhaps meet up/join/start a yakking group? I think locals would be interested too.

Em

• 1 month later...

Emms,

dont give up, there are a few (but like you say - not many) english speaking people around you, we are about an hour north of you on the way to Sancerre,

If you would like further details please pm me

abbo