Central heating oil

could be wrong here, but i'm sure that i read somewhere on the forum that a common practice is to club together with a few mates/friends and buy a tanker load, this will be at a reduced price due to quantity and could be delivered all in one day. I realise the logistics and timing has to be good, but it can be done i'm sure. Hugh.

[quote user="Jazzer"]Do  the French operate budget accounts for fuel purchases?[/quote]

Yes - Point Vert do.

We usually buy our fioul from them and each year they send us details of their monthly payment budget account scheme. I don't personally use it and I couldn't tell you if it costs any more that way.

[quote user="Cassis"]Yes - Leclerc supermarkets do.  You can spread the cost over 10 months.  You do not pay any more for paying this way.
[/quote]

Out heating man told us not to buy from supermarkets as the quality could make your central heating breakdown quicker.  I suppose it's a bit like cheap oil in your car. Georgina

The previous owners had been running the CH boiler on Leclerc oil for 15 years, it was they who told us where to buy.  We had the burner serviced last year and the ch plumber did not report any problems.  That said, we have now switched to running the boiler on wood because it is a lot cheaper!

PS They do 2 grades - always buy the superior grade.