Little people

Weedon

For a long time I have had this notion that people who are.... let us say... height deficient, feel the need to make up for this by having a  snappy and aggressive nature.  Now I am not so sure as the ones I see in the supermarkets appear to be placid enough.  Based on this observation should I change this assumption of mine?

weedon

[quote user="Weedon"]

For a long time I have had this notion that people who are.... let us say... height deficient, feel the need to make up for this by having a  snappy and aggressive nature.  Now I am not so sure as the ones I see in the supermarkets appear to be placid enough.  Based on this observation should I change this assumption of mine?

weedon

[/quote]

My short friends keep their tempers remarkably well when they are ignored in shop/pubs etc when standing with me (freakishly tall me). Even when they ask for the drinks, the item, or whatever, the replies are directed to me. I mean it's not as though the tops of their heads, and sometimes even their eyes are not visible  over the counter! [Z]

So yes, perhaps should think again about your assumption.

[quote user="Tresco"] Even when they ask for the drinks, the item, or whatever, the replies are directed to me. [/quote]

This is really frustrating, but you learn to live with it (or find taller friends who will do the asking for you) More annoying are things like having to ask people to get things down from top shelves or having to climb up yourself (I have no qualms about "borrowing" stools in shops) or, the worst one, getting stuck in chest freezers because the last pot of ice-cream is right on the bottom.

Then you have trvia like being asked to fill in a form at the post office and you can't actually write properly because the counter is armpit height. And don't get me started on the lack of petite clothing in France...

I don't look as small as I am (exactly 5ft) and  the one things that makes me "snappy" is when people who know me well suddenly say "oh aren't you small?" as if I've suddenly shrunk.