Shutter issues

ty ar mor

My husband had gone to the downstairs bathroom, whilst I went upstairs to prepare for bed.  This included closing the shutters.  I leant out of the window to pull the first shutter closed, gave it a yank and the entire thing came off its hinges and landed in the garden below.  As my husband came out of the bathroom, he met me coming in the front door with a shutter under my arm, giggling helplessly (obviously helped along by the vin rouge).  He at first assumed I had gone out of the window with the shutter and was suffering from some sort of shock...... it took us hours of giggling in bed before we managed to calm down and get some sleep! 

Hi Beryl.  I am in the same boat as you, but also I do not know what ar is.  Perhaps Catalpa can confirm.  I believe she speaks fluent Welsh.

Unfortunately, I answered this before I knew the OP lived in Brittany, but yes Beryl many words are similar.  When I was at school, our exchange student was a Breton who told us he could speak Welsh after one school year because of the similarities.

Oh no, don't mention the shutters!!!  The other night OH went up to one of the guest bathrooms because he heard banging (no not that sort!) during those wild winds, and realised that one of the shutters had become unhinged.  As he leant out of the window to catch it it flew back in and hit him on the head.  I can't type what he said because it would just be a line of ****s but I'm afraid I couldn't help but laugh - you see, only two hours earlier he had cracked his head on a beam and almost knocked himself out and now he was standing in front of me, looking like a baby unicorn with the bump coming out of his forehead.  It was one of those evenings where, as we sat across the room from each other every time I looked at him I started giggling and then he started swearing again!

There are some fabtastic optional extras with this model Meg with clip on bits like screwdrivers and drills.  And, when your mates pop round for a cuppa you can just turn him off.  You can even programme them to hold your hand when you cross the road and to walk by yourside and tell you how great you are all the time.  I have programmed mine to hate rugby, mates and other women.[:-))]

I think that I must be the dulux version (complete with built in smelling mastikes?) casue I have always got a screwdriver and a 'ammer 'andy! No up & down button that I know of, don't need one, it's automatic.. Just bang the 'ammer up and down [8-)] and the screw goes in to the wood.

We got windie shutters as well as swinging 60s ones. The windie ones have a turnie, turnie 'andle so they ain't a problem when we have a power cut, which we never do anyway, but they wouldn't be if we did, I think [geek]?