Kissing the hand (and beyond)

hubbard

[quote user="Tresco"][quote user="Just Katie"]

Oh, I take it your missed her imput into the French Lady in Illfracombe thread?

[/quote]
See my post on page one of this thread.

I've been following that particular thread (some nice and even sensible people there) and think I might have contributed to its derailment.

[/quote]

I know I was led astray by a funny bunny that evening [:$]

The only hand kissing I allow nowadays is from my little Balloo

But I did use to have an elderly russian neighbour who when I stopped to talk to him in the street would kiss my hand then click his heels and stand up dead straight as a way of saying good bye, I use to humour him and let him get away with that , as he meant it in the best possible way, he was a real old gent.   

[quote user="Pads"]

I know I was led astray by a funny bunny that evening [:$]

The only hand kissing I allow nowadays is from my little Balloo

But I did use to have an elderly russian neighbour who when I stopped to talk to him in the street would kiss my hand then click his heels and stand up dead straight as a way of saying good bye, I use to humour him and let him get away with that , as he meant it in the best possible way, he was a real old gent.   

[/quote]

Oh Pads I really enjoyed our roll around together. [:)]

I understand about your Russian chap. I had a Belarus neighbour once who did pretty much the same, but again he was much older than me; probably in his 70's. It's not 'letting someone get away with it' if it isn't put on.

I don't think I could do anything other than flinch if someone British did it. I think 'flinching' is an instinctive/spontanaeous reaction - one that you can't control.

Uunless you are a spy, of course.

[quote user="Tresco"][quote user="Pads"]...Got any room behind that sofa for me ?[/quote]

Yup. I just need to move all these old moustaches and sound enhancement equipment to one side. [:D]
[/quote]

I hate to ask but I have to...................Moustaches? are you telling me you eat french men behind the sofa or are you a master spy?

Sond enhancement equipment ? your not a sound engineer as well are you ? pads exits right [8-)]

We've heard very little in the way of actual hand kissing so I thought I would relate my actual introduction to it.  I was about 15 and she about 40..aha, seduction by an older woman?  No that's not quite the way it happened...

We had just moved house, and my dad called me down from my room to meet the new neighbors who they had asked round for a drink.  I shook the guy's hand and went to shake the woman's, but she dangled her hand palm down virtually under my nose.  I took it and shook it limply, and she said "aren't you going to kiss my hand?"  I accomplished the manoeuvre reasonably well, in view of the fact that I was highly embarassed and was rewarded by cheers from those present.  She hadn't been drinking, she was just a natural flirt.  I got my own back on her...but that's another story! [6]

Nothing that exciting, I'm sure you could do better.  Anyway, it was a plot concocted by her husband and myself at her 50th birthday party.  She was wearing a halter neck dress and she was encouraging men to kiss her up the arm, apparently an old party piece of hers.  Her husband suggested "I think our young friend would like a turn" so she strode over to me and offered her bent arm.  I obediently slid my lips along it, but what she didn't know was that I had an ice cube in my mouth which I released when I reached her shoulder...my, you should have heard her squeal!  Bit tame I know...but can anyone do any better??  [;-)]