Income tax for 2014

powerdesal

We have just received '' Avis de Premier acompte 2015 Impot sur les revenus de l'annee 2014''

Now we have not yet submitted a tax form for the 2014 income, and as the amount to pay is 1/3 of the amount paid last year for the income of 2013 I assume that the tax office have assumed that my / our income will be the same and hence will bill us for 3 payments of 1/3 each time.

Am i right in assuming that, after receipt of our tax return for 2014 income they will adjust / balance etc the payment required against the payment made ( in either direction )

All the dates as to when these amounts are due will be on the 'impots' web site.

edit:

and for those who may want to, it is also possible to change the amounts

http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/dgi/public/popup?espId=1&typePage=cpr02&docOid=documentstandard_5625

You don't have to pay them either, you can wait till your tax bill comes through then pay it all in one go. We put our money in a savings account instead every month. At least we make something from it, why should I give the money to them and they do it. They won't remove the interest they get from my tax bill.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Wollyb wrote:

Don't they make you pay a surcharge if you don't pay them?

[/quote]

That was my understanding and was also what the nice lady at the tax office said. I "had to" visit because my bill was based on a year when I was working in France and I had subsequently retired, so the bill of the first third was more than the actual amount owed for the full year.