EDF recovering extra charges

Val_2

Just had a bill rectificative for my son when he lived in his flat from 2012-2013 for a year's worth of extra charges due to EDF now being told by the state they must recover charges for all those who had a "tarif Bleu" as invoices were not sufficient to cover the costs of electricity. So if you get a bill shortly that is what is it for and there is a letter explaining.

There was no letter explaining mine, they just slipped it in with all the other totally confusing charges, taxes on taxes etc.

I posted on here (I think) about it but think that most people have already paid it without noticing, they are adding it to winter bills in the hope that people wont notice, will just think its been a harder winter which is causing untold grief to the poorest.

I recently found that my neighbour has been paying for a 20KVA supply since 1984 whereas he only needs at the maximum a 6KVA abonnement, Ă  la limite he could even have a 3Kva tarif base, like most people around here he just accepted what they told him and has never reviewed it, must have cost him thousands of Euros over the 30 years.

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/france/le-conseil-d-etat-impose-une-hausse-retroactive-de-l-electricite_574711.html

'regretable'?............ well, it is rather more than that nez pah, I would say it was degueulasse.

In this day and age, how dare they do this, what next?

We had EJP, wonder what happened to those that have that, as our tarifs were far lower than usual.

How come the whole of France are not on strike over this disgraceful situation. Surely it affects them all.

Or are they going to roll over to the official line!

I hear of one person having an extra 800 Euro's to cough up.

Heaven only knows what mine will be, I dread to think as we have a very large place. Time will tell.

Well you could calculate it [:P]

and of course we all know just how hard that is with their tarifs.

Suffice to say that if you are still consuming a similar amount of KW/h's as back then, with the increased prices since, if like me you get billed during an already heavy winter quarter, and I'm convinced thats a deliberate Policy you may not have even noticed the increase without being forewarned, its only because I now have 3 supplies, of broadly similar consumption only one of which was subjected to the extra charges did I notice, the bill seemed higher than the others and on close, no that should be magnifying glass close inspection did I find the extra charges.

Yes 60 million French will just roll over and say "qu'est-ce qu'on peut faire?"

I wish I could decide many years later to backcharge my customers because I had decided, in hindsight, that I am worth more than I had charged them!

The bill I got yesterday was for less than €12 but it was in MY name and not for my son although it did state the address of the flat at the side of the bill whereas he has not lived there since July 2013. As you say, a lot of folks are going to get a nasty surprise especially as it is coming upto catch up month in July when the meters are read again!

I haven't got my bill yet, but I can see it online and yes, there's an unexpected extra 20 plus euros. This is the month for me that they read the meter, but as I submit readings every two months I don't get any nasty shocks except this! It'll be interesting to see if I get a letter when the paper bill comes.

On my bill was this link to explain the additional charges:

www.regultarifpart.edf.com

https://particuliers.edf.com/gestion-de-mon-contrat/ma-facture/comprendre-la-regularisation-tarifaire-293842.html

I'm lost for words.

Hi,

If I've understood correctly, EDF is going to spread the repayment in 3 instalments on every other bill until June 2016. It appeared on the April bill under consumption & subscription - I pay every two months - April I paid an extra 15 euros. My yearly bill for the period they refer to was just on 1400 euros.

Chris

[quote user="knee gel"]Hi, If I've understood correctly, EDF is going to spread the repayment in 3 instalments on every other bill until June 2016. It appeared on the April bill under consumption & subscription - I pay every two months - April I paid an extra 15 euros. My yearly bill for the period they refer to was just on 1400 euros. Chris[/quote]

Thanks for bringing me the good news on a Sunday Chris [:P]

Looks like I have two more to look forward to over the next 6 months [:(]

si je suis facturĂ© tous les deux mois : le montant est Ă©talĂ© en trois fois, une facture sur deux

Just looked at my last bill to see how much they charged me, of course being EDF it aint that easy with taxes on taxes etc but I think it comes to €10.72, just seen at the bottom that its a total of €23.32 so I misunderstood the bit above, it being spread over 3 times (fois) every other bill, I assumed that meant 3 payments over 6 bills, how do you interprete the above?

I bet most French people dont even realise unless they are really strapped, my neighbour has only just learnt from me, a foreigner that he has been shafted for a 20Kva abonnement since 1984 because that is what they told him he needed[:-))] he has just got them out to drop him down to 3Kva.

On my bill they state the total amount that will be taken (about 60€ +TVA for a consumption of nearly 14,000 kWh) and the amount taken is a third of that this month. I expect they will take additional thirds in two and four months time.

Hi Chancer

"I assumed that meant 3 payments over 6 bills, how do you interprete the above"

Well my french aint good so I may have got it wrong & after much head scratching I interpret it as follows (I should have said on every other 2 bills)

Was added to April's bill

Wont be added to my June & August bills

Wiill be added to my October bill

Wont be added to the December & February bills

Final payment added to next April 2016 bill

Chris (think I need alcohol with my lunch now!)

Thats how I read it (except for every other not every third  bill) until I found the bit at the bottom giving the full amount which was twice what they have deducted for the first payment.

I will have to keep an eye out make sure they dont take 3.

Remember that the EDF is substantially owned by the French government which gets revenue from the profits and the VAT to pour into the unreformed bottomless pit that is the French State.

When the EDF agreed to hold down electricity charges, which it is now recovering, it didnt half make me larf; it was as if the French government was asking itself to hold down the charges knowing it would recover them later, thus saving the taxpayer nothing at all. A cheap political stunt.

As is the present freeze on motorway charges which will be recovered later by lengthening the right to charge by some two years.

And when they claim that central government taxes are not rising or are dropping, they are, because those charges are simply being passed to the local or regional authorities who are putting up taxes like there was no tomorrow.

What a bloody con, but then, twas ever thus.

I have just had an EDF prelevement taken from my bank account for this charge. The house was sold back in March 2013, when the final bill was issued and paid. I got no email to advise of this charge and of course I've moved twice since then, so have no invoice. I'm totally gobsmacked they can do this! Stupid me to still have my French bank account.

• 2 months later...
Well I got the bit wrong about not being added to the August bill as the bill has just arrived and there it is:

RĂ©gularisation tarifaire Tarif Bleu 09 kVA HP/HC du 23/07/2012 au 31/07/2013

Prix Unitaire HT 0,39

Montant HT TVA 1,60

I think I'll drink to that while it lasts!

Chris