Re: An Hour of Delight !!

Gardian

When you come out to La Belle France to live, you think of balmy Summer evenings around the swimming pool, sipping a glass or two of chilled Rose wine.  It isn't always like that though.

Four days ago, we started to experience problems with one of the loos in the house. 'Backing up' would be the polite phrase I think. I initiated some primitive and amateur rodding, but to no avail and quite quickly the problem had spread to the other loos. Of course, all this happened over the weekend (it always does) and so I rang a local 'fosse septique emptier' 1st thing on Monday & left a message. He didn't ring back (they never do around here - he'll probably ring in a day or two), so this morning it was an emergency call to another outfit.

He turned up at 16.30. You don't want to know the details - let's just say that it needed doing!  We're now €350 the poorer, but at least we're back online.

You really wanted to hear all about that, didn't you?

Back to the chilled glass of Rose .................. well we will be in a few months time.

[quote user="Frecossais"]Gardian, a bit like the experiences of some people here in the South East, when ground water flooded their drains etc. Glad your one was sorted fairly quickly.
[/quote]

Frecossais .............

I think that our little bit of inconvenience was a flea bite compared to what flooded & nearly flooded people have been through both in the UK & France.

Our problem was also self-inflicted in the sense that I had been putting off getting it emptied for too long. That was part of the reason for posting - as with most things, never leave it until its nearly too late!  Just as well that it didn't happen in August when we often have visitors and you can never get anybody to come and fix anything!