Police Individual Cameras

Frederick

I see on this mornings news Police Officers are to trial a camera worn  like a pencil tucked behind the ear to video  record all they see and hear while dealing with incidents .I wonder how long it will be before some TV company is offering big money for the recordings ..and... if it sorts out the hooligan behaviour problems in towns.. .   will teachers get to wear them next to show parents of difficult kids what they behave like in school ?..... The use of these cameras could spread into all sorts of job situations .

Sorry Christine .....I should have mentioned its a UK news item ......makes you wonder though how many people will be happy to chat to the bobby on the beat with a camera sticking out  from behind his ear pointing at you .. getting more like the Si-Fi comics every day .....I suppose their boss can see what they are up to if he tunes in from the Police Station as well ?

I thought these cameras had been trialled for a couple of years.

Remember you due have the right to request to see pictures taken of you in a public place.

If we all asked to see the pictures on a daily basis the system would ground to a halt.

I have videoed the police before now and they do not like it - so I guess all is fair.

One tip in bad light when they use infrared is to hold a small bright torch under your face - it reeks havoc with the exposure and your face will just be a white hole.