Kauto Star

cooperlola

• 2 weeks later...
OK the error four out didn't do my nerves too well and the slamming of the last certainly had me shaking but hey, as one Irish racing journalist quoted the next day,

Kautos star to Ruby Walsh
"Hang on Ruby, sit toight, we're going through the last, nothing even close to us now and it will give the folks something to talk about"

Kautos is no certainty for the Gold Cup and for sure, the Irish alone will send stiff competition to challenge. As far as the Kempton fences are concerned, don't ever think they are any lesser that at  Cheltenham. Some horses can make mistakes and recover easily and those horses are normally the ones that become the greater ones. The left hand track at Cheltenham will suit him but for sure, the fences and their run ups will have to be approached and jumped correctly but as the racing hacks have put it "If he jumps at Cheltenham he wins" and with me on at handsome odds well in advance, I do so very much hope he jumps !!

Nice to know that his owner, should he win the Gold Cup, wins the £million pound bonus from the people I punt with.

[quote user="Russethouse"]So if I pop into the bookies tomorrow [8-)] could I get a price on him for Cheltenham ?[/quote]

Currently trading at 6/4 with Magic Sign - wouldn't go near him at that [:(].  What did you get Miki?

Betting suspended for the Gold Cup at the moment on Betfair, not sure why. I will look again later.

I got 8.2 to 1 on one bet and 6.7 to 1 on a later bet and nothing since for obvious reasons !

Coral's are going 7/4 today, whick looks around the best odds, as far as the high street bookies are offering.

The lead up to the race will be as interesting as the race itself I reckon.

Don't laugh. Tina has had Bonds for over 50 years and won exactly,..........................  nothing.

We bought some more at Xmas cos Alan Sugar said so and she won £50, I say she, as she spent the money on herself.................boo hoo.

Don't forget in racing parlance Gay, when looking for winners, the pin never lies.................