Shock Horror - The English are good at something.

Bugsy

We may be cr*p at cricket and other sports, our country may be in a mess with youths touring council estates shooting each other with illegal firearms, the importance of family may have broken down, our schools may be spavined, the NHS down the toilet, law and order may now be merely a rhetorical concept, and those who purport to govern us haven't a clue how to discharge the duties of office... BUT.... All is not lost...

For we are now officially the fattest people in Europe!

It's here

................................[:D][:D]

But it says that Maltese men are the most obese!

And the Dutch are the slimmest?   I find that hard to believe! 

Certainly, all the British friends who come to visit are "costaud" [:)] and make me look quite slim, but unless one is really, truly obese, does it matter?    My friends all enjoy their food, and they're fun to be with.   I like that!    There's a price to be paid for being thin, and I'm not sure it's all that much fun paying it.  IMHO.  [;-)]

My mother is what I would call a 'fattist' : she has a great dislike of fat and some fat people (unless she thinks they can't help it) The truth is that she has maintained her weight by using tobacco as a food substitute and also has osteoporosis.

I'll keep my extra pounds.( I'd just like fewer extra pounds)

[quote user="sweet 17"]

rumzigal

but where does that leave the welsh and the scots and the northern irish?  why is it only the english who get all the fun?

[/quote]

It actually includes them as well.  It is just fashionable at the moment to discuss all the good things as being British and the bad things as just English........Bit like in the cricket, when we lose it is the England Team, when we win it is suddenly important to remember there are a couple of Welsh lads playing.....[;-)]

[quote user="Chief"][It is just fashionable at the moment to discuss all the good things as being British and the bad things as just English[/quote]

But the title was "The English are good at something" and I was agreeing with that.  The English are good at Morris Dancing.    

It is, after all, a very English thing, nesspa?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_dance  [:)]   And infinitely more entertaining than anything I've seen in France.  [:)]   

[quote user="Chief"][It is just fashionable at the moment to discuss all the good things as being British and the bad things as just English[/quote]

It was the original article Chief, that was specific about the figures related just to England.

Anyway we all know that the welsh are fat and the scottish are thin..........................................[:D][:D]

Joke, joke, joke...............................

bugbear wrote

"Anyway we all know that the welsh are fat and the scottish are thin.........................................."

and we also know that all bikers are kinky, what with their fetish with leather gear, etc.  but, i won't hold that against you as i think you actually look rather dashing if your avatar is anything to go by!

[quote user="RumziGal"]

But the title was "The English are good at something" and I was agreeing with that.  The English are good at Morris Dancing.    

It is, after all, a very English thing, nesspa?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_dance  [:)]   And infinitely more entertaining than anything I've seen in France.  [:)]   

[/quote]

Rumzi, my post wasn't a dig at you, just an observation.  Apologies if it appeared to be a flame...[:D]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

bugbear wrote

"Anyway we all know that the welsh are fat and the scottish are thin.........................................."

and we also know that all bikers are kinky, what with their fetish with leather gear, etc.  but, i won't hold that against you as i think you actually look rather dashing if your avatar is anything to go by!

[/quote]

I did say I was only joking and thank you for the compliment. My leathers are quite mild compared to that flashy little number that Keith wears..[:)]

His he coming on Saturday, by the way ?