How often do you wash your duvet then?

Beryl

[:D][:)][:D]

"And a survey also revealed two-in-five Britons admitted to not washing duvets every six months",

I just think this figure is too low or maybe I just know some grubby people ( me included [:$][Www])

Research comissioned by Hotpoint Aqualtis? How can a washing machine comission research?

Trying to make us scared of our own skin cells...these people will drive us all crazy. 

Mine's new and I'm never going to wash it.[;-)]

I never wash them as they are too bigto put in the machine.  Its cheaper to buy a new one rather than take them to the dry cleaners or the launderette.

My cat peed on mine whilst OH was still in bed.  Taking it to the Launderette was goingto cost 8.00euros, plus drying, it was the middle of winter.  A new one cost 11.00euros, ok so it was on a special offer.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Also, that it rains and they forget the quilt is hanging there. That'll teach 'em.

[/quote]

Yeah!

Also, that frogs jump all over them and snails and slugs crawl up the wall onto them and birds pooh all over them too[:)]

I've had visitors you know[:$]

[quote user="Dotty "]

I never wash them as they are too bigto put in the machine.  Its cheaper to buy a new one rather than take them to the dry cleaners or the launderette.

My cat peed on mine whilst OH was still in bed.  Taking it to the Launderette was goingto cost 8.00euros, plus drying, it was the middle of winter.  A new one cost 11.00euros, ok so it was on a special offer.

[/quote]

You got a new bloke for €11?  Cool.

[quote user="Russethouse"]We have a breathable matress cover on our mattress. As for the duvet, its so hot in our bed we only use a summer weight duvet all year -easily washed and dried.[/quote]

Yes but the mattress protector only does the same as the duvet cover surely!

I'm sooo not going to sleep well tonight!

This actually gets worse, as the MASSIVE increase in people travelling globally is helping to spread bed bugs, of all things.

They like to get inside luggage in hotels and then you bring them home, dump your dirty washing on the floor and Bob's your uncle.