Mosquito bites...

MrCanary

I have to say that this side of French living is something I'm most definately NOT looking forward to.

Having travelled and lived in mosquito ridden countries there seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to why some people are mozzie magnets whilst others they never go near. Unfortunately I'm in the former category and it's compounded by the fact that I'm an incurable scratcher so every bite ends up turning into a sore [+o(]

I think I have noticed a slight tendency for them to go for females rather then males but that's just my experience and not backed up by any science. All the same I'll try and make a point of sleeping in the same room as 'er indoors, bless....[kiss] [kiss]

What I do find it a little surprising that I don't see that many screens on windows on French houses. I wonder it this is because the French have become immune to them (or just don't care) or perhaps the mozzies have developed a taste for "rostbif" and other flavours of imported blood ?

Or could it be that Garlic is as an effective a repellent to mozzies as it can be to fellow hoomans ? [;-)]

My GP told me that everybody gets bitten but only some people have an allergic reaction. She also said that anti histamine cream wouldn't work (I'd already discovered that!) and that the best thing is Piriton tablets. I've slept through some great holidays, thanks to Piriton! So far the Avon stuff seems quite good although I've always sworn by the Mosquito Milk (how do they do that?) and we have plug ins in every room for most of the year. It's definitely a side of continental summers that I dread, although I also managed to get bitten in February in Amsterdam one year. I thank God that we don't like barbecues as I never sit outside at dusk if I can help it.

Mosquitos - one of God's little mistakes!

Ok i have a hoooge bite on my calf and one on my side, i'm scratching them like a such nut, i will normally not stop till skin starts coming off.......going to try the hot spoon trick again...........wait there i'll let you know if it works again! Definitely did the job before.

Every body gets bitten just some react differently to others.  The younger you are the less yo ureact, or so I'm told.  As a family we went to Pezenas for a holiday.  Hubby and I got bitten by vine spiders and were covered and I mean covered from head to toe.  I counted 50 bites under one arm.

The kids had 5 bites between the three of them.

I believe garlic helps, I really stink at the moment.

[quote user="Meg and Mog and dog"]Ok i have a hoooge bite on my calf and one on my side, i'm scratching them like a such nut, i will normally not stop till skin starts coming off.......going to try the hot spoon trick again...........wait there i'll let you know if it works again! Definitely did the job before.

[/quote]

Yep, it works........i've even tried itching again to see if it starts again but nope! Creams do nothing for me, so hopefully this year i wont have legs covered in scars from scratching........[:$]