Political correctness gon mad?

Jonzjob

I have just had this e-mailed to me a couple of times. I have had a look and I think that it is genuine..

How mad can the U.K. get?

Extraordinary, pathetic and outrageous!!
You might wish to sign  up to this one

The  world-famous  Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the  2012
  London Olympics  because they are deemed 'too British'.

Organisers of the  event  say that the Arrows military background might  be
  'offensive' to other  countries taking part in the Games. The display  team
  have performed at more  than 4000  events worldwide, but the Department  of
  Culture, Media and  Sport have deemed the  display team  'too
  militaristically  British'. Red Arrows pilots were said to  be  'outraged',
  as they had hoped to  put on a truly world class display for  the  Games,
  something which had  never been seen before. Being axed from a
  British-based event  for being 'too British' is an insult - the Arrows are  a
  symbol of Britain  .

The Red Arrows have  been excellent ambassadors for  British overseas  trade,
  as they display their  British-built Hawk aircraft all over the  world.

The Arrows performed a  short flypast in 2005 when the  winning bid  was
  announced, but their  flypast at the Games was to have been truly
  spectacular.

It is to be hoped that  common sense prevails

If  you  disagree with this decision, sign the petition on  the link

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows2012/?ref=redArrows2012

I have put my name to it!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

I have just had this e-mailed to me a couple of times. I have had a look and I think that it is genuine..

How mad can the U.K. get? [/quote]

I believe it's true; we heard about it from friends a few weeks ago as we used to live in Lincolnshire - home of the Red Arrows - and were used to seeing them fly over our village as they practised their new/old routines.

Daft times indeed.

Sue

Yes I signed up too.  However I recall reading  that  it was a hoax or something like that, purely designed to wind us up because actually the Red Arrows have not been approached to do it anyway.

Mind you,  I would not put anything past this govt. though in their manic pursuit of being seen as completely PC and not offending anybody.  That and  'Elf 'n Safety will be the ruination of this country.    [:'(]

We were seething about it too until we read this ....

The Red Arrows spokesman Rachel Huxford said:
"We have had no discussions about the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics whatsoever.

We are still planning our 2008 season at this stage and that is a long way off. We understand that no decision has yet been made about the ceremony.

We performed when London won its Olympic bid in 2005 after we received a standard request from the Olympic organisers
."

"That and  'Elf 'n Safety will be the ruination of this country.    Cry Out [:'(]"

Not wiv conkers though. Did you hear the the local 'elf an safty sponsered the World Conqures Championship last weekend. England won it of course, beat a French English man (?)

Before Linconshire it was Kemble, Gloucestershire that was the home of 'The Arrows'! It is still the only airshow where they arrive the previous day, visit their old haunt 'The 4 Seasons' pub and do the display on the Sunday. I lived in Stroud, about 10 miles away for 23 years. Worked for 4 years on the last flying Bristol Britannia as my old R.A.F. trade, aircraft electrician and watched the red arrows there lots of times.. Fantastic sight!!![:-))]

This 'nonsense' has mobilised a hell of a lot of people and what ever else in the light of the other stupidity that is happening under the name of PC it may stop this actually happening and may even start a thought in the idiotic PCites that enough is enough.

So even if this is not true, which? It has still highlighted just how people think about this idiotic PCness.

But it would not surprise me if it 'was' true?

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

"That and  'Elf 'n Safety will be the ruination of this country.    "

Not wiv conkers though. Did you hear the the local 'elf an safty sponsered the World Conqures Championship last weekend. England won it of course, beat a French English man (?)

Before Linconshire it was Kemble, Gloucestershire that was the home of 'The Arrows'! It is still the only airshow where they arrive the previous day, visit their old haunt 'The 4 Seasons' pub and do the display on the Sunday. I lived in Stroud, about 10 miles away for 23 years. Worked for 4 years on the last flying Bristol Britannia as my old R.A.F. trade, aircraft electrician and watched the red arrows there lots of times.. Fantastic sight!!![:-))]

[/quote]

The saddest day of my life (with hindsight), The Arrows stayed overnight at Brawdy (after ex 229 OCU moved there) and next morning were offerring "rides", I turned the offer down as I didn't fancy cleaning the mask after the night before. They came over the pan just above the height of our Hunter tail fins!!!!. I wish!!!!!!![:(]

Don't talk to me about Political Correctness. Once you could send small boys up to clean your chimneys, stop blacks and Jews and Irish from renting your rooms, bait bears, smoke where you jolly well liked - all these pleasures gone, gone utterly on the altar of Political Correctness. I even hear talk of giving women the vote. What next?

Lordy, theyse not givin gels the vote now. Be lettin the little cuties drive cars next. Outrageous. In my younger day nthe little girlies knew their place. Why I remember back in Indja she used to....... no, can't, gels online. No stories out of school what. Better get off to France where they knows how to treat a gal. All that kissin whoaaaa. But then the blokes wanna kisssssss Nooooooooo way.

Now then Sweet17, youse as sweet As You Sounds. Alors Bibi, on se voit un de ces jours où tu restes caché dans ton coin. La vie est trop courte pour manqué ce qui est là pour nous!

Je ne dis plus rien pusique à chaque fois que tu-es là on me traite de méchant coco, alors Sweet17 je dois supposé que tu es Monsieur Tatti déguisé en homme de paille or un autre personne que je n'ai pas le droit de mentionné. Petite canaille va. Et puis tu m'envois promené. Une petite fessée, non.

My understanding of this, is that the red arrows were not banned. Because we are currently at war, all overt military displays from ANY country were banned in order to create an atmosphere that was free frommthe connotations of warfare, and allowed athletes and the public alike to enjoy the games in an atmosphere of cordiality. The story was then twisted because someone asked, would that ban also apply to say...erm...err...the red arrows for instance, to which the response was they are a part of the UK military and would therefore come under the ban. Point to note is that the ban applies to all countries not just the UK. But i guess that doesn't get as many emails and senses of outrage going as pandering to the 'were being victimised again brigade'. On the bright side, it is giving immigrants a break for a while...now then, where are those bloody poles...

[quote user="Chief"]My understanding of this, is that the red arrows were not banned. Because we are currently at war, all overt military displays from ANY country were banned in order to create an atmosphere that was free frommthe connotations of warfare, and allowed athletes and the public alike to enjoy the games in an atmosphere of cordiality. The story was then twisted because someone asked, would that ban also apply to say...erm...err...the red arrows for instance, to which the response was they are a part of the UK military and would therefore come under the ban. Point to note is that the ban applies to all countries not just the UK. But i guess that doesn't get as many emails and senses of outrage going as pandering to the 'were being victimised again brigade'. On the bright side, it is giving immigrants a break for a while...now then, where are those bloody poles...[/quote]

Its still a load of bulldust.

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="Chief"]My understanding of this, is that the red arrows were not banned. Because we are currently at war, all overt military displays from ANY country were banned in order to create an atmosphere that was free frommthe connotations of warfare, and allowed athletes and the public alike to enjoy the games in an atmosphere of cordiality. The story was then twisted because someone asked, would that ban also apply to say...erm...err...the red arrows for instance, to which the response was they are a part of the UK military and would therefore come under the ban. Point to note is that the ban applies to all countries not just the UK. But i guess that doesn't get as many emails and senses of outrage going as pandering to the 'were being victimised again brigade'. On the bright side, it is giving immigrants a break for a while...now then, where are those bloody poles...[/quote]

Its still a load of bulldust.

[/quote]

Agreed. The point being though, the Red Arrows were not singled out as implied by the OP. The military from every country were singled out and the Arrows by default. I think we should be able to do as we like, i also believe others have the right to be offended or otherwise by what we do. If that results in violence or whatever, we have to accept that, they have to accept prosecution, we will have to accept a few newspapers full of immigrants this immigrants that, we can wage another war on terror, send a few more of our sions and daughters to die, and watch the Arrows...its our right afterall. :-))... damn they must be good.....