Wind up?

daisymay

[quote user="sam rubins thomas"] Hi My husband and I are moving to Les Mayons, Var for 8 months in April next year and we are so confused as to which childcare option to go to-les creches familiales or les assistantes independantes? Does anybody know which way to go or could reccommend one in our area? I also dont understand la fepem and if there is any financial aid from the French government?

One more thing is that we would like to teach students (young and old) English conversation and wondered if anybody could direct us there too?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sam
[/quote]

Is this one of them??  I just want to say HUH?? 

[:D] Christine.

I saw you asked the same thing on TF, DaisyMay.

A while ago there were a number of posts from newbies asking some very specific

questions - I think it turned out that some enterprise or other

offering paid-for hand-holding services were getting answers to

questions for their clients by posing the questions on various forums.

Maybe that has started happening again.

Or were you thinking more in terms of apparently silly questions?

If you look back a few days ago when trolling and general abuse on other forums was mentioned on here.

Is it not possible that said trolls have read this and decided to try and infiltrate this site. ?

Just a thought..............................

In my opinion the more that these threads appear the more people get worked up and argue/post things that they wouldnt normally as they become taken in which is exactly what a troll would want. 

I feel that the moderators too can be taken in/casualties by pruning threads and removing completely innocent remarks that people have made when the troll pretends to be outraged at them.

Friction amongst members and between members and the moderators has resulted in many people leaving this forum, many of whom I consider to be a loss.

For those that remain they post a lot less and can be reluctant to respond to genuine requests for help/information.

Is it just me that thinks that this forum has far fewer posts than say a year ago?

If so are there other reasons for it?

Quality not quantity JR.

There are less posts in the serious threads although there are plenty of old dears (not you of course JK, only Mrs T[kiss]) still chatting electronically over the garden wall so to speak. I also think the tide of immigration had abated and a lot of people are doing far better research than was the case before and actually using the search facility to find the answers to their queries, there are very few questions that have not been asked before about the main topics of concern.

True some have left, some have even gone back to the UK, a few were a loss but with some of the others their disruption to threads far outweighed their contributions and they have now gone to a furrier place from whence many trolls and flamers regularly appear.

Wind-up? What eez this wind up Raindog? Aussi where did poor Nigel go?

I did go to Ilfracombe and I asked a lot of men if zey were Nigel, mais zey all said yes. Zat could not be right, could it? I did have fun and some free meals zere. I do like Ilfracombe, people are very friendly.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]I remember Marge Proops saying she could always spot a 'student letter' as it would have at least 1 semi-colon in it ! ;;;;;;[/quote]

Ah, those were the days...

...when the semi-colon had a place in grammar... before C.Pascal got hold of it and turned it into a mere statement separator. [:P]

[quote user="Simone"]

Wind-up? What eez this wind up Raindog? Aussi where did poor Nigel go?

I did go to Ilfracombe and I asked a lot of men if zey were Nigel, mais zey all said yes. Zat could not be right, could it? I did have fun and some free meals zere. I do like Ilfracombe, people are very friendly.

[/quote]

LOL - ok, so you're still here Simone![:D]

Mind you, you could be an out of work male van driver living in Stoke-on-Trent for all we know

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

Quality not quantity JR.

There are less posts in the serious threads although there are plenty of old dears (not you of course JK, only Mrs T[kiss]) still chatting electronically over the garden wall so to speak. I also think the tide of immigration had abated and a lot of people are doing far better research than was the case before and actually using the search facility to find the answers to their queries, there are very few questions that have not been asked before about the main topics of concern.

True some have left, some have even gone back to the UK, a few were a loss but with some of the others their disruption to threads far outweighed their contributions and they have now gone to a furrier place from whence many trolls and flamers regularly appear.

[/quote]

Yes I think that you are right Ron.

Its just that some of the differences of opinion could be entertaining! I notice the lack of traffic because I have had lots of time on my hands in the last 6 months recovering form my man operations and hence read and use the forum more.

I am gradually easing back into the saddle now and today for instance logged in for the first time since yesterday morning, I saw that there were hardly any new posts and I could easily scan and read them in a few minutes, 6 months ago it would have taken far longer, but yes quality is better than quantity.

Editted.

I changed to this forum from another because this was far more active and I could learn a lot more as a viewer, I also didnt like the fact that the other one was mostly full of cyber chit-chat, a huge amount of which was generated in the small hours of the morning, perhaps by insomniacs/alcoholics.

Ron, I have you know that I have come out of the lounge and have recently posted in satelite, investing and many others, which I cannot remember off the top of my head.  I also give advice where I can on building maintenance and pathology.

Now that Twinkle is another breed.  Constantly chit chatting over the fence with that Jay Jay sort and Meg et. al.

Daisy May, I really must agree with you about the treasure trove thread.  In the opening post, they told us they drank a few bottles........eh? [+o(]

This brings back memories ....I remember one "Dear Marge " ...... ".I am going out with this nice boy ...he is a private in the Army...he says he loves me  and if I love him then it is alright for us to sleep together.....I am worried  and not sure if I should let him.....what do you suggest  I  do  ".........Answer   " Kick him in the nuts and marry a Corperal " 

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Just Katie"]

I also give advice where I can on building maintenance and pathology.

[/quote]

[:-))] strange link there JK.......................[:)]

[/quote]

I just imagined knocking down a wall and finding a dead body,............. "oh I know, I'll ask JK"  [:)]

[quote user="Just Katie"]

Ron, you are definitely mellowing...............worrying.

Gary, building pathology is a term that is used to identify, and remedy building defects. 

Oh, I do love it when other people talk tosh. [:D]

[/quote]

well knock me down with a swizzle-stick, I didn't know that...................my expertise is in automotive pathology [:D][:D]

Sorry Katie.