Egg Card ?

Russethouse

I would never shed a tear for any banking business, they are all after your money and what better way to get it than give you a credit card.

I only ever had one once for about 2 years, but didn't use it. That probably gives me a bad credit rating, but I don't care as I don't need any credit. If I want something then I'll save for it.

If people have not got enough money to live without a credit card, then they have not got enough to pay the interest on one either.

We always use a credit card and pay it off every month - we are using one with 4% cash back atm and have earned £300 on it since we took it out in October.  When the deal ends we will change to another card.  Not having a credit card is wasting money on lost interest and free deals.

We have a John Lewis card which allows me to scan my shopping in Waitrose, we put everything on it and pay it off in full each month. We get John Lewis vouchers as a 'reward'.Suits us as we are regular Waitrose shoppers and our first port of call for household stuff is John Lewis anyway.

I think CCs  offer a certain amount of consumer protection too.

4% cashback is a pretty good deal ! 

[quote user="Scooby"]We always use a credit card and pay it off every month - we are using one with 4% cash back atm and have earned £300 on it since we took it out in October.  When the deal ends we will change to another card.  Not having a credit card is wasting money on lost interest and free deals.
[/quote]

The problem would be for me not being able to hire a car without a credit card which you need to go back home or abroad. I am a little worried that they are binning a lot of people who actually pay off their card each month, which even though some are saying they are a business, don't they actually make a percentage from the shops anyhow, so why would they do this?  Unless they are binning the people that do the credit card shuffle and use one card to pay off another, switching from one deal to another, as Martin Lewis suggested once.

Georgina

[quote user="Georgina"]

The problem would be for me not being able to hire a car without a credit card which you need to go back home or abroad. I am a little worried that they are binning a lot of people who actually pay off their card each month, which even though some are saying they are a business, don't they actually make a percentage from the shops anyhow, so why would they do this? 

[/quote]

As m'learned friend WBB implied, what these sharks REALLY want are people who run up, say, £1000 on the card and on top spend £500 or so per month that they dutifully pay off but always with a chunk of interest.

It is no accident that the industry is trying to shed cheques - it is the one means of payment that the prudent can use without profiting the bloodsuckers. We can confound them by cotinuing to use them and by taking our business away from those who refuse to either issue or accept them. These people are our servents and deserve to be reminded of the fact. Particularly now that they've sqaundered billions betting on the dogs and will be whoring for any business they can grub up.

I love banks, me.

Jon, your servant they ain't.

Oi! Stop trying to spoil my Sunday daydream!

I'd just got to the bit where the branch manager had finally kow-towed to my satisfaction and was about to deliver the line "And now you will dance for me! Yes! Dance! Lest I take my business to CIC across the road where I understand they are giving our free biros with every new account...."

What I don't quite understand is that if the customers haven't got the money (which they can't have, otherwise they wouldn't need the credit) and the banks haven't

got it (because if they had they'd be lending it), where has it all gone? I've checked, and I haven't got it, so who has? It's all a teensy-weensy bit worrying. I mean, supposing that it never existed in the first place? What have we been building our economy on for the past 20 years? [8-)]

This mornings post bought a letter from MBNA or mbna (as if a change of typeface makes them any better [:@])

They will now charge 3% on balance transfers, cheque transactions,Cash transactions and money transfers - at the very least that will be a serious disadvantage to those who keep changing their CC to 0% deals.........how many other CC providers will follow ?

I have an Egg credit card which I always used to pay off in full every month and which has not been used for over 2 years now, they have not informed me that they want to withdraw the card, indeed they have just sent me a new one.

Could this perhaps be due to the fact that I have a credit balance of £15 which I keep forgetting to spend[I]

Hmmm still not connecting.

I would have thought that more than 24 hours is not temporary for a bank.

I had a similar problem when I first moved to France and it was always defaulting to Egg.fr but not his time.

Can anyone access the banking (click your accounts from homepage) from either France or England?

Having all my "eggs" in one virtual basket is a bit concerning right now!

J.R. I use egg everyday and it was certainly working yesterday morning and I understand from Egg it should be up and working this afternoon. If you enter the Egg site and leave your email address they will inform you it is immediately it is up and running. Earlier this morning it was partially working but would not move past the initial security, I should not be concerned about Egg as it is part of one of the largest Banking concerns in the world.

Baz