A lonely Rose on Valentines Day

Rose (& Greyman)

Oh Rose, don't complain .. cos I got the van and the lovely orchids and roses but I feel SOOOOOO embarassed because i thought he didn't care about Valentine Day , I thought he thought it was just another day to make people buy things so I didn't buy anything for him and now I feel stupid.........................   [blink][:(]

In the post, I received a card that my hubby, which he had bought here whilst in France.  He can't speak French.  I opened it up.  Sure, it was pretty with lots of hearts on.  But it said 'joyeux anniversaire'....

Last September, for my birthday, he bought an equally lovely card.  Trouble was it was for a 'mariage'.  I have it on the mantlepiece after all this time to make me giggle when I go past it.

Still, it's the thought that counts.  And we have to remember in our hearts those who have no Valentine.

For my birthday last week hubbie sent me a lovely card he found in the draw.  He didnt realise it was one I bought for my friend whilst I was stocking up in the UK at Xmas.  If it is the thought that counts he probably thought ' phew that's lucky, thought I might have to go out and buy one'!!!!

[quote user="Cathy"]

In the post, I received a card that my hubby, which he had bought here whilst in France.  He can't speak French.  I opened it up.  Sure, it was pretty with lots of hearts on.  But it said 'joyeux anniversaire'....

Last September, for my birthday, he bought an equally lovely card.  Trouble was it was for a 'mariage'.  I have it on the mantlepiece after all this time to make me giggle when I go past it.

Still, it's the thought that counts.  And we have to remember in our hearts those who have no Valentine.

[/quote]

Ladies... I'm afraid I would have to admit I am just as bad.  On his first Father's Day I was really really busy setting up my new business and had no time at all... I remembered at the last minute that it was Father's Day eve so dashed to the garage and found what I thought was a suitable card amongst the others on display (not the greatest selection but I thought it was a good one) it was about 10:00 in the evening so rushed home to write it and when I opened it it said Happy Anniversary inside..[:-))] 

I was ribbed for months so I decided from then on I would always buy the wrong card... he got birthdays for anniversaries and good luck with the move for Christmas... this carried on for ages until a few years ago we both decided to stop buying each other cards... that chrismas I found our previous years cards in with the decorations and we've used them ever since!!! [Www] [:$]

So be warned... this is what happens when you marry an accountant!!!! [:D]

p.s. don't even get me started on the christmas gifts I've received from him... oven gloves, bacon tongs, new tin opener, one of the those jar/bottle opener things that loosen lids... he's certainly original!!! [:D]

[quote user="Rose"][quote user="Cathy"]

[/quote]

p.s. don't even get me started on the christmas gifts I've received from him... oven gloves, bacon tongs, new tin opener, one of the those jar/bottle opener things that loosen lids... he's certainly original!!! [:D]

[/quote]

But they are very useful, Rose. [Www]  (I can hear him say it now...)