Picnic on Sunday 15th June - make virtual friends real ones

Kitty

Do you remember the thread about organising a picnic for us to meet? 

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1249335/ShowPost.aspx 

Well, it’s on, courtesy of Renaud.  So you can turn virtual friends into real ones.

The details are:

Date - Sunday 15th June 2008

Time - Arrive from 12 noon onwards, with aim of starting a running buffet (thoughout the day) from 1.30pm.  Renaud has said we can linger so there is no finishing time.

Place - See location in Poitou-Charantes on Renaud's website www.relax-in-france.com

Protocol - Everyone brings to share plenty of communal food (ready plated and cling filmed) and drink.  Put names on your containers so that you can take them home afterwards.

Bring - (a) your own plates and drinking vessels (& take home to wash up), (b) a rubbish bag (for taking home as well), (c) games, (d) something to sit on, (e) swimming costumes (optional), (f) musical instruments (also optional), (g) children (optional!), if you have any….

The event will take place rain or shine because Renaud has an open barn, into which we can take cover.

A huge thank you to Renaud and Mrs Renaud.  Please send a PM (Private Message) to Renaud if you want to come so that we have a rough idea of numbers (his post will appear in a minute - I hope....).

See you there.

Blimey, Wooly, you don't ask for much!  Poor Renaud is having to provide the venue and I don't know what else besides and you want to know who's coming?

Anyway, it's probably too far for you to make it! 

[quote user="Weedon"]

My mum says that I can only come if she comes too, is there an age limit? [/quote]

Of course not, Weedon.  You need to PM Renaud.  I'm bringing my Mum but only in my heart.  (One, two, three - ahhhhhhh)

A misunderstanding, methinks Renaud.  I was answering Weedon's question "is there an age limit?".  Of course not, there is no age limit, i.e. a Mum can come.  Thanks for pointing it out.

I wish my Mum could come but as she died in 2004, she is only now alive in my heart.

[quote user="vervialle"]Do you think LF magazine might buy the rights and send a photographer, so we all had to buy the magazine to see you all, after all some of you might be taking your clothes off  for the calender.[/quote]

I can reassure everyone that we won't be taking our clothes off, except to go into Renaud's swimming pool.