Is this a new thing on the 2017 declaration for 2016 income?

mogs

I'm just trying to finish off and sign our tax declaration but I don't remember this coming up before:

.....Ces coordonnées seront utilisées en 2017 pour toute opération de restitution et en 2018 pour toute opération de prélèvement ou de restitution liée à votre impôt sur le revenu. En signant ce formulaire de mandat, vous autorisez la DGFIP à envoyer des instructions à votre banque pour débiter votre compte et votre banque à débiter votre compte conformément aux instructions de la DGFIP. Vous bénéficiez du droit d'être remboursé par votre banque selon les conditions décrites dans la convention que vous avez passée avec elle. Une demande de remboursement doit être présentée dans les 8 semaines suivant la date de débit de votre compte pour un prélèvement autorisé. Vos droits concernant le présent mandat sont expliqués dans un document que vous pouvez obtenir auprès de votre banque.......

It won't let me get past "accepting" these conditions I'm sure I've never had to give these details before

Thanks

It's not that much different to what my father received the other day (see my PAYE post) as he did his return on paper. It is so they can take a payment every month like PAYE although somebody said you can't use that phrase in France.

With the letter my father got you sign it on the back attach a direct debit form and send it back. It said he had 30 days to do it and at 60 days there was some form of penalty which I didn't understand.

It seems logical that as from 2018 they will be going over to monthly payments they will need to be able to debit or credit your account, especially for those who are not employed, since for those on salaries this could be done by the employer.