Help me before I go insane!!!!

Rose

My son had a story to read for his homework... fine we did that and translated and looked up the words we didn't know... all good and fine... but the story was on a photocopied sheet and not complete and we don't have the ending.  Now, it's not that I dont know the ending... I do... I know the story from when I was little but I just cant remember it in full or what the story is called... and now it's driving me crazy!!! I've searched google but no joy... can anyone help?

Story goes... king wants a son or a daughter but if he as a son, son will die or a daughter will leave him... he has to choose.  He chooses a daughter and builds her a huge castle, remote with walls to the sky etc for princesse... there is one door and he has the key... but he drops the key and a prince finds it... meets the princess... and.... [:-))]

I know I know what happens.... and I know it shouldn't bother me... but I dont and it does... someone please put me out of my misery!!!

(does this make any sense at all) [:$] [:D]

[quote user="JayJay"][quote user="Rose"]

[/quote]

I fear it's too late! [:-))][;-)][kiss]

[/quote]

I had thought that already but hadn't had the nerve to mention it... [Www]

Now if the OP had been Twinks, I wouldn't have hesitated (see here)!! [:-))][:-))]

Twinks and Cat - thanks for the ideas but I fear no... JayJay... you may well be right!

I remember the story from when I was small... long time ago hence I suspect the rusty memory!  From memory the dad king, fearful that his daughter would leave him built this huge palace/castle and it was surrounded with a thorny forest... I thought a prince happened to wander by as he heard there was a beautiful princess... problem is I'm not sure if I'm confusing fairy tales as every time I think I remember I realise it's a whole different story... does the king agree that three princes can try to win his daughters hand and the prince she's fallen for manages to win?  or is that something else... regardless it is going to bug all night! [8-)] 

I'll have to wait until teacher gives us the next installment... maybe I'll get son to ask her the name of the story tomorrow... My son has written la Méduse in his homework book but I cant find any reference that makes sense to this either?  Worse still this translates as Jelly fish... which leaves me wondering if he brought home the wrong homework anyway! [+o(]  [8-)] [:D]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="JayJay"][quote user="Rose"]

[/quote]

I fear it's too late! [:-))][;-)][kiss]

[/quote]
Now if the OP had been Twinks, I wouldn't have hesitated (see here)!! [:-))][:-))]
[/quote]

Clair... I can honestly say hand on heart that I would never skateboard in public!!!  [;-)]  bouncy castles are ok... skateboards go fast and you could hurt yourself... maybe cut your foot or something... [Www]

p.s. I've still not got my second light yet [:$]

[quote user="Rose"]I can honestly say hand on heart that I would never skateboard in public!!!  [;-)] [/quote]

Glad to read it!!

There is s stock shortage of fairy lights, best ask Twinks... I gather she saw some when she tried her skateboard... [Www]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Rose"]I can honestly say hand on heart that I would never skateboard in public!!!  [;-)] [/quote]
Glad to read it!!
There is s stock shortage of fairy lights, best ask Twinks... I gather she saw some when she tried her skateboard... [Www]

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D] - TWINKS.... got any spare lights?

[quote user="Clair"]
[/quote]

Clair, it was nearly the first reply, but I chickened out.[:)] It goes without saying for Twinks though. [Www]

NO!!! he never did... and I have spent a considerable amount time this week searching the internet and wracking my brain!  Every day after school I've been rumaging through his bag... typical!  It's becoming a bit of an obsession... but I will get to the bottom of it one day! [8-)] [blink] [:$]