Some interesting reading about Gordy and his mendacious lot

AnOther

They're bang up to date as well......

'Political Criminals and their Punishment'

March 1998
Labour MP Ronnie Campbell was ordered out of the House of Commons for the rest of the day for calling the Conservative Shadow Agriculture Minister, Michael Jack, a 'hypocrite'.

Yep, the place is rife with criminality........[8-)]

I suppose we could also include the details from last night's Channel 4 programme which exposed the dubious source's from which Dave's funding is being supplied.

These include Life Peers who failed to keep their residence promises, convicted fraudsters etc etc.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/dispatches/camerons+money+men/2471062

Oh and I assume Ernie will be handing over the £50,000 per year contribution which you need to ensure regular meetings with Dave.

Ernie

How do you find these things ??

But, I can't argue with most of it - good for a laugh, especially if you aren't having to fund this lot by paying UK tax.  But the present lot are worse, much worse and have caused the problems we have at present.

And I agree with you that it takes aim at lots of the snouts in the troughs- even 'Dave' is mentioned. 

Sadly, politics seems to be somewhere to 'work' to make money easily with little risk.  Few of them have worked in the 'real' world, very few have any useful professional qualifications eg not many accountants even on  finance committees (few in parliament), and of course loads of Scots voting on English laws.     I read somewhere that Gordon supported some other team (Argentina ??)  vs England  !  Halifax staff have been enraged that the government is more concerned with job losses in Scotland rather than Yorkshire.

Dick - not sure why you dislike this so much- don't you think that politicians need to be tensioned up?   And, Gordon has presided over the mania for credit in the UK over the last decade and done nothing to stop this mania.  Unfortunately we are  dependent on  financial services. And now the   cr *p   is hitting the fan because of this.    Sadly not much manufacturing in the UK - not encouraged by Gordon, and now it will contribute towards the UK's relative decline in Europe. 

Not difficult to have seen this coming.   My OH has been muttering about the poor financial controls, direction etc  we've had for the last ten years.

Regards

Tegwini 

It's not the prettiest site on the Internet and I'm mindful that much is written with more than a tinge of bias. That said, and whilst I haven't read it all of course, most of what I have seems to pretty well on the button.

What both amuses and baffles me that some people will just not hear a negative word about this incompetant lot led by a grinning idiot who doesn't even have a mandate to be in the job.

The reason people like me (and I suspect Dick too) dislike sites and reporting like this is that they are largely sensationalist and negative. I don't doubt that it has a basis in truth, but it presents an anti-everything polemic rather than reasoned argument.

I also have a problem with people regarding such reports of alleged political incompetence and corruption as justification for leaving Britain for life in France. Why should they think that politicians in France, or the rest of Europe, are any different? And when you expand the view worldwide it shows that even under Gordon Brown the British are not so badly served. Don't forget either that most of the apparent decline and greed stems from the Thatcher era.

I too am puzzled by the need to justify not living in the UK by resorting to sub-tabloid disparagement of politicians.  ErnieY is quite incorrect when he says that Brown does not have a mandate. The British constitutional position (established by precendent) is that the monarch sends for the leader of the majority party in the Commons and asks him or her to form an administration. The administration's legitimacy comes from it effectively forming the Privy Council, which advises the monarch. Whether or not this is a suitable way of managing a country in the 21st century is a different matter.

The following is taken from Infoplease and may be instructive. (http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781359.html)

The 2006 Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index

According to the annual survey by the Berlin-based organization Transparency International, Finland, Denmark, and New Zealand are perceived to be the world's least corrupt countries, and Somalia and Myanmar are perceived to be the most corrupt. The index defines corruption as the abuse of public office for private gain and measures the degree to which corruption is perceived to exist among a country's public officials and politicians. It is a composite index, drawing on 14 polls and surveys from 12 independent institutions, which gathered the opinions of businesspeople and country analysts. Only 180 of the world's 193 countries are included in the survey, due to an absence of reliable data from the remaining countries. The scores range from ten (squeaky clean) to zero (highly corrupt). A score of 5.0 is the number Transparency International considers the borderline figure distinguishing countries that do and do not have a serious corruption problem.

Country
rank

Country

CPI Score

Finland

Denmark

New Zealand

Sweden

Singapore

Iceland

Switzerland

Netherlands

Canada

Norway

Australia

Luxembourg

United Kingdom

Hong Kong

Austria

Germany

Japan

Ireland

France

USA

Belgium

Chile

Barbados

St. Lucia

Spain

Uruguay

Slovenia

Portugal

Estonia

Israel

St. Vincent and the Grenadines

[quote user="tegwini"]

.  Few of them have worked in the 'real' world, very few have any useful professional qualifications eg not many accountants even on  finance committees (few in parliament), and of course loads of Scots voting on English laws.     I read somewhere that Gordon supported some other team (Argentina ??)  vs England  !  Halifax staff have been enraged that the government is more concerned with job losses in Scotland rather than Yorkshire.

[/quote]

It is payback time.

After several hundred years the Scots are having revenge on the English who forced them into economic decline and the union with England  after the disaster of the  Darien scheme .

The Darian scheme was a foolish venture which was always doomed to failure and which attracted much Scots capital due to the mendacious publicity of the Scots themselves, particularly Mackenzie (Roderick?) who was the director of the project. It's demise could hardly be blamed on the English.

The Scots were free to form joint stock companies in England or join English ones which many did, rather than try to outdo the rest of the world.

Their anger was so great incidentally that they pirated an English joint stock ship, the Worcester, stole her cargo and murdered four members of her crew through mob violence.

"Don't forget either that most of the apparent decline and greed stems from the Thatcher era."  -Will

I really don't agree with you here Will.   Greed has always been around us - perhaps there's lots more in the City - maybe, but that has perhaps always been there.   And still is.  Government mismanagement allows it even under Labour- eg Pensions not ringfenced etc

But, the decline was before Margaret Thatcher -  under Labour  eg   4 day week, cap in hand to the IMF for loans - and told off by the IMF too for financial mismanagement of the country,   and so on ...   I remember all this.    All before Thatcher.

She had to sort out a right mess- and this will have to happen yet again.

Regards

Tegwini