"Water Samaritans "

Frederick

I see the term "Water Samaritans " is being used  by the people of Zimbabwe for  the white residents who have bore holes in their  Harare gardens and  are  freely  giving clean  water to people lining up at their houses  As they  face a cholera epidemic from the contaminated town supply and I think  the action of these householders  providing this water speaks volumes ...Will Mugabe be thanking  these people for their civic duty ....and will he be  having his army engineers sinking bore holes as fast as they can now the city sewage works  has collapsed and raw sewage is pumped into the lake the fresh water comes from ?...I dont think so ....will Mugabe be drinking Evian ..I would bet on it !

A (white) landowning friend of mine was driven out of Zimbabwe a few years ago and told that he had to hand his farm over so that it would be returned to the blacks - my friend had a (black) farm manager who'd worked for him for thirty years, was honest, and so he decided to pass over the farm to this chap.  There - the farm is now in native Zimbabwean hands, he thought.  No, it wasn't to be ... Mugabe's men came by a few weeks later and took the farm away from the manager, and gave it to one of Mugabe's henchmen instead.  The farm manager now lives in abject poverty without a job.  So it wasn't about taking the land back from the whites, it was about Mugabe's little coterie getting richer and richer. 

Nothing surprises me anymore about Mugabe & Co.

During the 'liberation' war the 'liberators'  thought nothing of killing missionaries & bayoneting their babies at a rural missionary station.  And, shooting down an Air Rhodesia plane which  the very skillful pilot managed to land, only to have these terrorists kill the unarmed & wounded passengers.  Such atrocities were often by the Ndebele, but the Shona, (Mugabe's tribe) weren't far behind.

Doubtless some will think the whites deserved all this, but it's common knowledge that the majority of the blacks would prefer the return of Ian Smith's government -   if only!   

Sadly, the British government helped to bring about the fall of Ian Smith's government and thus should have some responsibility for the tragedy that  is happening now.  Interesting that they were quick to go into Iraq etc but not Zimbabwe.

Tegwini