No Access to Nationwide Site

mint

What does this mean?

No access to the Nationwide site 1 minute ago.  Tried 3 times.  No longer know what's what, what's safe and what isn't.

I think it's probably to do with their wanting to withdraw some of their savings products and change the rates on their lending vehicles.

In these uncertain times, who knows?

• 3 weeks later...
We've just come back from England and visited the Nationwide ofice in Bedford to sort out our Portman account.   Told by one of the "advisors" "Oh yes, you can have a credit card".   Great news we thought as I have been trying to get one for months, on line.  "Many of our clients who live in France have one".

"Sorry sir" says the manager" but you can't have one unless you have a UK address!"

I explained we had lived in France for six years; that we had had an account with Portman BS which was opened whilst we lived in England and that Nationwide promised to honour the terms and agreements when they took over some time ago.   No joy there, then!

I had an account with the Paddington Building Society, they had the bear on display in the branch. This became part of the Regency Building Society which became the Recency and West of England Building Society that somehow transmogrified into the Portman Building Society and now is the Nationwide Building Society.

Clearly this was part of Paddington Bear's long term plan to move his loot to France.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

What does this mean?

No access to the Nationwide site 1 minute ago.  Tried 3 times.  No longer know what's what, what's safe and what isn't.

I think it's probably to do with their wanting to withdraw some of their savings products and change the rates on their lending vehicles.

In these uncertain times, who knows?

[/quote]

A couple of months ago I went to the Nationwide eSavings site and it wouldn't let me in.

I was not happy and I reckoned it was to stop a run and keep you in the old low interest paying accounts.

On visit to UK went to branch and it seems if you don't visit the eSavings account regularly they stop you accessing it for your security???

Had to go through a rigmarole where they issued a new password that has to be sent to you and you must log on within a time scale.

I am increasingly fed up with the nationwide they treat us like customers not members.

I have always been very annoyed that they use our money to sponsor football which is not a sport it is a business and very corrupt. Just this year over 28 million in unpaid taxes without other shinanagins.

I suggested to a surly youth at the branch that it was a waste of money. He said that many people watched football. I pointed out that far more people visit museums than go to football matches.

I then asked who used the private boxes and free tickets they got as a major sponsor as I suspected it was a nice jolly for the employees at Nationwide. I asked if he knew anyone that had attended a game, he said 4 people that worked at his branch went regularly. His only defence that they were members too - seems there are different sorts of members of the Nationwide.

My blood still boils at the regular swops of jobs at the top and the conflicts of interests of the directors. There is no way these people are worth millions each year and massive pensions for such short periods of work.

I am amazed there is no Nationwide members action site on the web to rein in the keepers of our money.

Grrrr...